Undergraduate Tuition & Costs
A Degree That Does More
We know your college education is an important investment; that’s why LVC makes sure your degree takes you further. With our generous financial aid packages, the cost to students and their families is often less than or comparable to state schools. Check out our net price calculator to estimate your costs.
These are the total costs before financial aid and scholarships are applied. After you have been admitted, you will receive a guaranteed scholarship, and, if you completed your FAFSA, a financial aid package aligned with your financial circumstances. In addition to billable charges, other estimated expenses (non-billable charges) are included in a student’s total cost of attendance used to calculate financial need. For example, you will see an estimate of room and board for off-campus and commuter students as well as an estimate of books, transportation, and personal expenses for all students. You will not be billed by LVC for these expenses. Below are each of LVC’s student budgets based on your housing status.
|Average Federal Direct Loan Fees||$68||Not applicable||$68||$68|
*includes an estimated charge of $1,400 for non-athletes required for health insurance. Athletes will be charged $1,663 (international students only).
- Room, meals, and miscellaneous expenses are average estimates and will vary from student to student. You can check out the full list of meal plan options here, and view all LVC residential housing here.
- LVC requires all students to live on campus unless they are enrolled as commuters, in which case you must live within 30 driving miles from campus. All resident students must have a residential meal plan.
- Certain courses have additional costs, such as lab fees. Those charges are assessed when registering for those particular courses.
- Loan Fees—This is an average amount of the 1.057% origination (upfront) fee charged to students who borrow the Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan. It is deducted at the time of disbursement. An average fee is included in the cost of attendance to allow the borrower to receive/borrow other sources of aid to help offset this cost. The average amount for graduate student loan fees is $208/academic year. View more information about loans.
- Due to our ongoing pandemic response, courses may occasionally switch to hybrid or remote formats. In these cases, Lebanon Valley College does not refund tuition and comprehensive fees because of changes to the method of delivery or instruction. If you are experiencing financial hardship due to the pandemic and need assistance, please reach out to our Financial Aid Office.
2022-23 Semester Fees
|Professional Tuition, Physical Therapy||$17,315.00||$17,315.00|
|Professional Tuition, Athletic Training
Professional Tuition, Speech Language Pathology
|Room – Traditional**||$3,235.00|
|Room – Level 1 (premium)**||$3,900.00|
|Board-Platinum (285 meals, $100 flex dollars)**||$3,900.00|
|Board-Platinum Plus (285 meals, $250 flex dollars)**||$4,050.00|
|Board-Platinum Extra (285 meals, $375 flex dollars)**||$4,175.00|
|Board-Platinum Extra Plus (285 meals, $450 flex dollars)**||$4,250.00|
|Board – Gold (220 meals, $100 flex dollars)**||$3,375.00|
|Board – Gold Plus (220 meals, $250 flex dollars)**||$3,525.00|
|Board – Gold Extra (220 meals, $375 flex dollars)**||$3,650.00|
|Board – Gold Extra Plus (220 meals, $450 flex dollars)**||$3,725.00|
|Board – Silver (190 meals, $100 flex dollars)**||$3,215.00|
|Board – Silver Plus (190 meals, $250 flex dollars)**||$3,365.00|
|Board – Silver Extra (190 meals, $375 flex dollars)**||$3,490.00|
|Board – Silver Extra Plus (190 meals, $450 flex dollars)**||$3,565.00|
|Board – Bronze (150 meals, $100 flex dollars)**||$2,840.00|
|Board – Bronze Plus (150 meals, $250 flex dollars)**||$2,990.00|
|Board – Bronze Extra (150 meals, $375 flex dollars)**||$3,115.00|
|Board – Bronze Extra Plus (150 meals, $450 flex dollars)**||$3,190.00|
|Board- Independent Living (100 meals, $100 flex dollars)**||$1,930.00|
|Board- Independent Living Plus (100 meals, $250 flex dollars)**||$2,080.00|
|Board- Independent Living Extra (100 meals, $375 flex dollars)**||$2,205.00|
|Board- Independent Living Extra Plus (100 meals, $450 flex dollars)**||$2,280.00|
|Board – Commuter Plan (5 meals per week)**||$915.00|
|Board – Commuter (Plan (5 meals per week, $100 flex dollars)**||$1,015.00|
|Board – Commuter (Plan (5 meals per week, $250 flex dollars)**||$1,165.00|
|Total (UG, Traditional Housing, Gold Meal)||$30,920.00||$24,250.00|
12 or more credit hours per semester constitutes full-time undergraduate status and are charged at the full-time rate.
9 or more credit hours per semester constitutes full-time graduate status and are charged at the full-time professional rate (Physical Therapy, Athletic Training, Speech Language Pathology).
Alumni who have earned an LVC bachelor’s degree qualify for a 25% discount on full-time undergraduate tuition charges.
Some or all instruction for all or part of the Academic Year may be delivered remotely or in a hybrid format. Tuition and mandatory fees have been set regardless of the method of instruction and will not be modified or refunded in the event instruction occurs remotely or via a hybrid model for any part of the Academic Year.
The value of a Lebanon Valley College education and degree, whether in-person or remote, continues to exceed tuition. Moreover, our main educational costs are continuing, as the services they provide are continuing; our infrastructure costs are continuing; and we are incurring additional costs for online education and actions we are taking to respond to the pandemic. As such, Lebanon Valley College does not refund tuition and comprehensive fee because of changes to the method of delivery of instruction.
Students and families who are in financial distress due to the coronavirus pandemic are encouraged to reach out for help. Please contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Students registering for more than 17 credit hours during one semester will be assessed overload charges at $595 per credit hour above the 17 maximum. The 25% alumni discount does not apply to overload charges.
Overload Refund Policy: 100% refund will be given if the overload course is dropped within the add/drop period of the term.
Room and Board Notes
First-time resident students must select from a Gold or Silver meal plan level.
Student housing, meal plans, and dining options may have to be modified before and/or during the semester to address health and safety concerns and/or to comply with risk mitigation strategies. Students accept full financial responsibility for housing and meal plan charges, regardless of any such changes. In the event that the College is unable to provide housing or meals during a portion of the semester due to the effects of COVID-19 or other circumstances beyond the College’s reasonable control, the College will determine the amount of any housing or meal plan charges to be refunded.
**Annville students may use their flex dollars in LVC dining facilities. Any unused flex dollars will carry over to the spring semester.
Miscellaneous charges and deposits
- A $200 admission deposit is held as a contingency deposit and is refunded upon graduation.
- A $100 room deposit must be submitted to the Business Office by returning students (not required for incoming first-year students) on an annual basis to reserve campus housing for the upcoming academic year. This room deposit will be credited to your student account on July 1 as long as you return as a resident student. Students will be notified by Student Services of the deposit due date.
- As a full-time student, you are allowed to charge college store purchases ($15.00 minimum purchase) to your student account. Cumulative monthly purchases are applied to your account at the end of each month.
- Returned checks are subject to a $20 fee. The fee will be assessed for each returned check, including checks on which payment has been stopped. Check-writing privileges are suspended until the returned check and penalty are paid in full. If you do not render payment when requested, administrative action may be taken to place holds on future registration privileges and the release of transcripts. You may also face collection action for the unpaid amount. Check writing privileges will be revoked if a second check is returned.
- Returned eChecks are subject to a $25 fee which is charged by Transact Payments.
- Late Charges of $200 per semester are added to the student account if payment in full (less approved financial aid) is not received by the stated due date. The late fee will not be waived.
- Other miscellaneous charges may be applied to your student account throughout the academic year. These charges may include but are not limited to, vehicle registration, parking fines, private music lessons, library fines, and damage and disciplinary assessments. If you have questions regarding any one of these charges, please contact the originating department. Please contact the Business Office if you need assistance in determining the originating department.
Part-time undergraduates are students who take 9 credit hours or less per semester. Your tuition is calculated per credit hour and does not include certain course-related or miscellaneous fees, books, or other costs.
|Part-Time Undergraduate, Fall & Spring Semesters||$775/credit hour|
|Part-Time Undergraduate, Winter & Summer Courses||$497/credit hour|
|Private Music Lessons (part-time undergraduate)||$945/credit hour|
|Private Music Lessons (part-time graduate)||$859/credit hour|
|Private Music Lessons (full-time-majors)||$170/credit hour|
|Private Music Lessons (full-time-Non-majors)||$338/credit hour|
Certain courses charge additional fees such as lab fees, etc. The charge is assessed at the time of registration for that particular course.
|Laboratory fee||$60/lab course|
|Auditing||Fees charged at part-time rate (as listed above)|
|LVC alumni, high school students, citizens age 62 or older (all part-time rates)||$387.50/credit hour***|
|Change of registration||$25|
|Experiential credit review||$150/review|
|Late payment fee||$200|
|Senior Citizen Audit Fee||$35/credit|
|Returned check fee||$20|
|Returned eCheck fee||$25|
Need Help Paying for College?
Our Financial Aid Office is happy to help walk you through the process of paying for college, from filing the FAFSA to applying for scholarships.