Transfer Student Admission
Transferring doesn’t have to be complicated. As a helpful first step, we can evaluate your unofficial transcripts, conduct a preliminary review of your credits, and issue you a conditional acceptance.
After you’ve been admitted, LVC will evaluate how many of your credits will transfer. We’ll accept up to 90 credits toward your LVC bachelor’s degree. If you earned an associate’s degree prior to enrolling at LVC, we guarantee that we will accept at least 60 credits.
- All admitted transfers are guaranteed a scholarship ranging from $26,000–$34,000.
- All PTK students qualify for our top scholarship of $34,000 per year.
- Additional need-based aid is available when you file FAFSA—use LVC school code 003288.
After you enroll at LVC, an academic advisor will help you register for courses and get ready to join the LVC community. We’re with you every step of the way.
Ready to Get Started? Here’s how to apply:
- Complete the online LVC Application. Use your personal email address to be sure to receive our messages.
- Send official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended/attending to LVC. Contact your school’s Registrar’s Office.
- Send a College Record Form from all colleges and universities attended/attending to LVC. Contact your school’s Registrar Office.
- Submit an official high school or homeschool transcript.
- If you have not yet completed one semester at an institution, complete and mail in the Transfer Mid-Term Report.
All required documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Application Information
- No minimum transfer credits are required.
- For early childhood or special education, you will need a minimum 3.0 GPA to transfer to LVC’s program.
- All Music/Music-related majors require an audition.
- Transfer students are welcome to apply to the Nursing program if they meet the following requirements:
- A GPA of 3.0 or above in their college courses from an accredited institution
- A grade of C or above in Intro to Psychology, 8 credits of Anatomy and Physiology 1 & 2 with a lab component, and 3 credits of Mathematics
- A grade of C or better in Chemistry with a lab component.
- Students requesting to transfer will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- If you are interested in Speech Language Pathology, please select Communication Sciences and Disorders as your major.
- Physical Therapy is not open to transfers.