Financial Aid for Part-time Undergraduate Students
Part-time undergraduate students are eligible for financial aid if they meet these requirements:
- Enrolled in at least 6 credits in each semester
- Have made satisfactory academic progress during previous terms in which they attended
- Are not in default on a previous educational loan
Once students determine if they qualify, the following steps must be completed to be considered for federal and state grants and loans.
- The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) listing Lebanon Valley College (LVC’s federal school code for use on the FAFSA is 003288). File online at fafsa.gov or using the mobile app MyStudentAid. Students who will be taking classes from May 2022 through the spring semester 2023, should file the 2022-23 form. Undergraduate Pennsylvania residents filing the FAFSA prior to May 1 are automatically considered for the PA State Grant. Residents of other states should contact their state grant agency for procedures to determine eligibility.
- Students whose FAFSA is selected by the federal government or the institution to undergo an additional review called Verification will be asked to complete and return the Verification Worksheet and to provide the Financial Aid Office with additional documentation. No federal aid will be processed until verification is complete. If you have already received your financial aid offer and have been subsequently selected for Verification, federal aid will be rescinded if Verification is not completed.
- The 2022-23 Financial Aid Supplemental Form (for coursework May 2022 – spring semester 2023) is required in addition to the 2022-23 FAFSA if you are a part-time undergraduate student. YOU MUST PRINT AND SIGN THIS FORM. TYPED SIGNATURES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. DO NOT USE THE HIGHLIGHT TOOL TO MARK YOUR RESPONSES. The completed and signed form may be securely uploaded through the student portal (admitted incoming students) or AccessLVC -> MyInfo For Students (enrolled students). You may also send it by regular mail.
- After reviewing your financial aid offer in AccessLVC, you must accept/reduce/decline your federal student loan(s) in order to have your loans processed or canceled. If you are a first-time borrower, please follow the instructions for completing Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note for Federal Direct Loans at studentaid.gov.
- View part-time undergraduate costs here.
- Federal Pell Grant
- PA State Grant
- Federal Direct Loan (subsidized and unsubsidized)
- See Types of Financial Aid for additional information
Financial aid offers will be prepared for part-time undergraduate students on an estimated annual basis which includes the cost of tuition, room, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books and supplies, and loan fees. Living expenses will also be added in if requested on the Financial Aid Supplemental Form. Offers will be reviewed at the beginning of each semester as your eligibility for aid is partially determined by your enrollment costs. Your aid offer may be revised for an upcoming term if your semester costs are inconsistent with the semester costs as estimated in the initial aid offer.
Contact the Financial Aid Office at 1-866-LVC-4ADM (toll-free), 717-867-6126, or email@example.com for additional information.