Financial Aid and Teaching Certificates

Financial Aid Eligibility

Students that have already graduated from Lebanon Valley College and are returning for an extra semester to complete student teaching in order to pursue a teaching certificate may be eligible for limited financial aid.


Some Things to Consider:

  • Students interested in borrowing any federal loans (Subsidized/Unsubsidized, PLUS), must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • Any graduate of LVC who is returning full-time and being charged undergraduate credits is eligible to receive the Alumni Tuition Discount of 25% of the undergraduate tuition rate.
  • Students who have already earned their first Bachelor’s degree are not eligible to receive any federal or state grants.
  • Students are eligible to borrow $5,500 in Federal Direct Loans for the academic year; however, students taking one extra semester to pursue a teaching certificate may borrow the full $5,500 in one semester, if they still have remaining eligibility in their aggregate borrowing. Students can determine their aggregate borrowing history by visiting the total borrowed in Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans. The aggregate maximum amounts are as follows:
  Subsidized Total (Subsidized & Unsubsidized)
Dependent Undergraduates $23,000 $31,000
Independent Undergraduates & Dependent Students whose parents can’t get PLUS $23,000 $57,500
Graduate & Professional Students $65,500 $138,500
  • The parent of a dependent student returning to pursue a teaching certificate still may borrow a parent PLUS Loan on behalf of the student. Independent students are not eligible for PLUS. Additionally, both dependent and independent students may also borrow a Student Alternative Loan.