Financial Aid for Graduate Students
Students are eligible for financial aid if they meet these requirements:
- Enrolled in at least 4.5 credits in each semester
- Have made satisfactory academic progress during previous terms in which they attended
- Are not in default on a previous educational loan
- The following graduate certificate programs are approved for federal student aid:
- Modern Band
- Integrated STEM Education
- Healthcare Management
- Leadership & Ethics
- Online Teaching & Learning
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management & Logistics
- Comprehensive Curriculum & Assessment for PreK-12
- Social, Emotional & Behavioral Wellness
- Sport Enhancement
- Trauma-Informed Counseling
Once students determine if they qualify, the following steps must be completed to be considered for federal loans.
- The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) listing Lebanon Valley College (LVC’s federal school code for use on the FAFSA is 003288). File online at studentaid.gov. Students who will be taking classes from May 2023 through the spring semester 2024, should file the 2023-24 form.
- Students whose FAFSA is selected by the federal government or the institution to undergo an additional review called Verification will be asked to complete and return the Verification Worksheet and to provide the Financial Aid Office with additional documentation. No federal aid will be processed until verification is complete. If you have already received your financial aid offer and have been subsequently selected for Verification, federal aid will be rescinded if Verification is not completed.
- The 2023-24 Financial Aid Supplemental Form (for coursework May 2023 – spring semester 2024) is required in addition to the 2023-24 FAFSA if you are a graduate student.
- After reviewing your financial aid offer in AccessLVC, you must accept/reduce/decline your federal student loan(s) in order to have your loans processed or canceled. If you are a first-time borrower, please follow the instructions for completing Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note for Federal Direct Loans at studentaid.gov.
- View graduate tuition costs here.
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan – prorated based on your costs, maximum $20,500 for two semesters
- View graduate scholarships, awards, and fellowships.
Financial aid offers for graduate students will be prepared on an estimated annual basis which includes the cost of tuition, books, and loan fees. Living expenses will also be added in if requested on the Financial Aid Supplemental Form. Offers will be reviewed at the beginning of each semester as your eligibility for aid is partially determined by your enrollment costs. Your aid offer may be revised for an upcoming term if your semester costs are inconsistent with the semester costs as estimated in the initial aid offer.
Contact the Financial Aid Office at 1-866-LVC-4ADM (toll-free), 717-867-6126, or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.