Get your Master of Athletic Training at LVC.
Lebanon Valley College is a CAATE accredited program.
LVC offers two pathways to earn a master's in athletic training. Option 1: Our accelerated 3+2 program puts you on course to become an athletic trainer in just five years. Option 2: If you already have a bachelor's degree, you can complete the program in only two years. Whether you want to work with physically active patients in professional sports, physician offices, industrial settings, military or secondary schools, Lebanon Valley College's athletic training program prepares you to provide healthcare to all patients.
Help patients manage pain and bounce back from injury as part of a growing field of medical professionals. Begin your training as an undergraduate in exercise science, then fast-track your career with a master of athletic training.
Discover Your Degree Pathway
- Option 1: The accelerated 3+2 Master in Athletic Training Program for first-year undergraduates
- Option 2: The stand-alone Master of Athletic Training Program for graduate education
- Master's degree requirements
- Between the two options, a maximum of 25 students are admitted.
Classroom Meets Clinic in LVC's Athletic Training Program
Thanks to dedicated faculty, state-of-the-art facilities, and opportunities for hands-on clinical experience, you'll be prepared for a world that needs you. Students in our Athletic Training Program work closely with patients, starting in year one of the professional program. Fundamental courses cover essential areas, and we help you apply what you learn on patients right from the start.
You'll also become an essential public health provider in our region. Perform your clinical work with organizations like the Penn State School of Medicine, local school districts, and various businesses. Immediately apply the knowledge you gain in the classroom with patients and discover what kind of clinical experience will drive your future career.
What Makes the Master of Athletic Training at LVC Special?
- Our new state-of-the-art facility, the Jeanne and Edward H. Arnold Health Professions Pavilion, which sets our program apart from other colleges with athletic training and physical therapy programs
- Faculty with real-world experience on and off the field, including top athletic trainers and researchers
- Clinical and educational relationships with Penn State College of Medicine, the Beijing Sports University in China, and professional sports teams
- According to College Factual, Lebanon Valley College’s fitness studies majors are among the top 5% in the nation for most focused.
- Every graduate in our first two classes had a 100% first-time pass rate on the Board of Certification Exam, and they averaged 83 points above the national average. View more LVC CAATE outcomes.
Median salary for athletic trainers (2018, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Projected growth in the athletic training field through 2028 (must faster than average, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
first-time pass rate on the Board of Certification (BOC) Exam (2021 cohort).
2021 cohort’s average score on the Board of Certification (BOC) exam was 83 points above the national average.
higher enrollment for the 2023 cohort than the national average
In other athletic training graduate programs, you might be discouraged from balancing sports with classwork and clinical experience. But in LVC's Athletic Training Program, we encourage students to make time for their passions. Try out for one of our NCAA 26 varsity teams, compete in the Division III Middle Atlantic Conference, and let your interest in athletic training complement your drive as a student-athlete.
All professional phase students also work closely with a mentor to complete a professional development plan. We want you to stay balanced and focused throughout the Master of Athletic Training Program so that you can achieve your full potential. Identify a mentor in your area, receive guidance, and develop an immediate personal connection for lasting educational and professional support.
Want to strike out into the world? During our 10-day immersion experience, you can travel to Beijing, China, to learn skills for the global marketplace. At Beijing Sports University, you'll learn techniques like cupping and acupuncture from their professors.
What You Can Do with an Athletic Training Degree
Our Master of Athletic Training Program prepares you to enter a booming professional field. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, athletic trainers can expect a 23% increase in employment opportunities between 2016 and 2026.
You'll be prepared to work in many settings, from colleges and universities to professional sports teams. You will also gain experience in non-traditional settings such as physician's clinic, occupational, and industrial health.
In addition to professional networks like the National Athletic Trainers' Association, American College of Sports Medicine, and the Pennsylvania Athletic Training Society, you'll be welcomed into LVC's active alumni network for support and professional guidance.
Each professor wants the best for students and makes helping us succeed a priority—in and out of the classroom.