Kaylee Haws Stanson hall

Room Sign-Up

Room Sign-up for Returning Students

In order for you to plan to select your room/roommate(s) for the next academic year, we have prepared this timeline. After Spring Break, a detailed housing memo will be sent to you and information will be placed on the Residential Life website that will further explain the various housing options for College apartments, suites, houses, special interest communities, and traditional halls. The exact time, date, and location of your housing sign-up period will also be included.

ALL returning students MUST pay a $100 non-refundable room deposit by the due date at the Business Office or at through ePayments in order to reserve housing for the upcoming academic year.

  • You WILL NOT be automatically billed for a room deposit.
  • You or your parent(s) MUST pay the room deposit separate from any other bill you may currently have.
  • In order to pay your non-refundable $100 room deposit, your account balance at the Business Office CANNOT exceed $500.
  • You MUST pay your non-refundable $100 room deposit to receive a lottery number in the housing sign-up process.


Room Sign-up Timeline

February Housing Exemption Request Forms Due To Student Affairs
Early March Non-refundable $100 room deposit due at the Business Office in order to be included in the housing sign-up process
Mid-March Housing sign-up number order posted
Early April Housing Selection Process for Houses, Apartments, Suites, Singles and Triples
Mid-April Online Housing Selection Process for Traditional Double Rooms


Applying for a Housing Exemption

A process has been developed in order to review requests for an exemption to the four-year on-campus living requirement. This process is outlined in the Student Handbook. A Housing Exemption Request Form may be obtained from the Center for Student Engagement.


Special Housing Accommodations

In order to best meet the needs of students, protocols have been established to review individual requests for special housing accommodations (e.g. single room, air conditioned housing, etc.). Please see the Student Handbook to review the complete process. A Special Housing Accommodation Form may be obtained from the Residential Life website or Residential Life Office. This form is due to the Residential Life Office. Please note that students are required to apply annually for renewal of special housing accommodations. 


Abroad and Off-Campus Studies

All students going abroad or studying off-campus for a semester should complete a housing form with your study abroad paperwork. Non-refundable $100 room deposit to be paid at the Business Office.

Students Who Are Not Returning to Campus Housing

Resident-to-Commuter (R-to-C)

Any student who wishes to change their housing status from resident to commuter must obtain an R-to-C form from the Residential Life Office. To be considered for commuter status, you must live with your parents within 30 miles of LVC’s campus.


Transfer, Withdrawal, or Leave of Absence

Any student who plans on transferring, withdrawing, or taking a leave of absence must obtain the appropriate form from the Registrar’s Office.

Students Who Pay Their Room Deposit After the Deadline

Students who pay their room deposit after the deadline will not receive a housing sign-up number. Students who pay their housing deposit after the deadline will still be able to participate in the online housing selection process. However, their lottery number will be after that of everyone who paid on time. If your room deposit is not paid by the date of your sign-up process, you will be unable to select a room.