Breaks, Openings, & Closings

During all break periods…
  • Students must leave campus for the entire break period and cannot enter a residential facility without permission during the break. The only exception is for the following reasons: athletics, academic internships, student teaching, on campus or off campus employment, or students having to travel great distances to their homes.
  • If planning to stay on campus during the break period, students are required to complete a Semester Break Housing Request Form. Completed forms are due one week prior to the break. Form must taken to the  Residential Life Office in Mund College Center.

ALL College policies remain in effect during break period.

Special Considerations

Although the Residential Facilities are closed during all breaks except for fall break, the College recognizes that there may be some students who require housing, request to stay late, or request to return home early during vacation periods (e.g., Thanksgiving, winter, spring, and Easter breaks). Examples of exceptions granted may include:

  • Athletic teams training within the NCAA regulations
  • Students employed on campus by an academic or administrative department
  • Students committed to student teaching, academic internships, academic reasons, etc.
  • International students
  • Students having to travel great distances to their home
  • Off-campus employment

The College will be officially closed between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays and no students will be permitted to stay in a residential facility during that time period. The only exception will be athletic teams training within the NCAA regulations.

Any student who needs housing during a scheduled break must complete a written request in the Student Affairs Office at least one week prior to the beginning of the break. Students who do not obtain authorization but arrive early or stay late will be charged a daily fee and disciplinary action will be taken.

Special Note

Whether changing rooms, graduating, or withdrawing from the College, students MUST make appropriate arrangements with their RA in order to officially check out of their rooms. Failure to do so MAY result in an improper check-out charge.

Students intending to withdraw from the College MUST complete a withdrawal form and make an appointment with Dean Mikus (717-867-6233).