The Accelerated Alumni Admission process is simple and free of charge to current LVC seniors and alumni.
A Certificate in Sport Enhancement will take your exercise sessions and training expertise a step further by developing your evidence-based exercise programming skills to support current exercise trends. Through our hybrid format, including hands-on experience during residency weekends, the program focuses on performance optimization to develop proficiency in advanced testing/assessment methods to emphasize client programming and meeting their performance optimization goals.
The certificate offers flexibility by combining asynchronous online content and face-to-face residency weekends to incorporate hands-on skill development immediately applicable to your work with athletes and clients. The certificate is three courses, 9 credits, designed to be standalone or as the foundation for our Master of Science in Sport Performance degree, giving you a head-start toward degree completion. Either way, you and your clients benefit from scientifically supported advanced knowledge and skills.
What makes the LVC Certificate in Sport Enhancement unique?
- You’ll learn from NSCA-CSCS certified health science faculty who are engaged in research with athletes and clinical practice
- Our courses are offered online with two residency weekends to apply knowledge and skills.
- One course/semester—complete your certificate in less than one year.
- You can apply your Certificate in Sport Enhancement (9 credits) toward a Sport Performance MS degree.
Eligibility Information and Application
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit official transcripts from each college, university, or professional school attended.
- Prerequisite: Exercise Physiology; Recommended: Fitness Testing and Exercise Prescription
*If you are enrolled in a bachelor’s program, conditional acceptance decisions will be made using unofficial transcripts from each college, university, or professional school attended. Official transcripts must be submitted demonstrating degree completion before course registration.