Individuals who have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and wish to pursue a profession in athletic training are encouraged to apply to the Master of Athletic Training program at LVC. Students nearing the completion of a bachelor’s degree are also encouraged to apply.
Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis. Due to the limited number of available program spots, all applicants are encouraged to apply early. The program begins each year in mid-May.
Although admission decisions are holistic, we strongly consider academic performance. Applicants accepted into the MAT program will most likely meeting the following requirements:
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completion of all pre-requisite coursework (within the last 10 years) to include Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, and Exercise Physiology.
Applicants who possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university will be considered for admission pending a review of the following requirements.
- Lebanon Valley College graduate online application
- An official transcript from your undergraduate college or university showing a minimum college cumulative GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale); any applicants not meeting this standard will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Official transcripts should be signed and sealed by the issuing school and mailed to the Graduate Admission Office.
- Secure, electronic delivery to email@example.com is also available.
- If pre-requisite courses were completed at multiple institutions, official transcripts from the relevant institution/s are also required.
- A personal statement (maximum 500 words) focused on how you will benefit from and contribute to the program, specifically outlining any applicable professional experience.
- A current résumé.
- Prerequisite Verification Form
- Technical Standards Policy Form
- GRE scores are not required, but applicants may—at their option—submit them for consideration.
In addition to an offer of admission, various requirements must be completed to be officially admitted into the graduate athletic training program.
Application materials can be uploaded in the Graduate Application Portal, submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
Lebanon Valley College
101 North College Avenue
Annville, PA 17003
International applicants must meet the requirements specified above and must also submit:
- Application Supplement for international applicants. Also, if applicable, please supply copies of any passports, U.S. Visas, and/or I-20 forms you currently possess.
- A course-by-course evaluation of all foreign secondary school and/or university transcripts by an independent service based in the United States. World Education Services (WES) and SpanTran Evaluation Company are two suggested evaluators.
- TOEFL of 80 in iBT, IELTS of 6.5, or STEP Eiken of Grade 1.Please have your official test scores sent directly to Lebanon Valley College. Lebanon Valley College’s institutional code for the TOEFL is 2364. View our full English Language Proficiency Policy.
- TOEFL of 80 in iBT, IELTS of 6.5, or STEP Eiken of Grade 1.
- Please have your official test scores sent directly to Lebanon Valley College. Lebanon Valley College’s institutional code for the TOEFL is 2364. View our full English Language Proficiency Policy.
- A certified bank or financial statement showing financial resources needed for tuition, housing, and cost of living.
- A completed Certification of Financial Support is required for admission and for visa consideration. It must be evident that you can provide the funding necessary to study and live at Lebanon Valley College.
For questions regarding admission to the Master of Athletic Training Program, contact the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies, via email at email@example.com or phone at 717-867-6089.