Federal Tuition Assistance
Army National Guard (ARNG) and Active Guard Reserve (AGR) Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) provides financial assistance to part-time ARNG and AGR soldiers. To apply for FTA, visit ArmyIgnitED or see the Education Services Official within your unit. For more information about FTA and how to apply, visit Army National Guard.
- Eligible the day the member joins the service.
- Officers must serve 4 years following completion.
- Enlisted soldiers must remain in the ARNG during the term of courses.
- Members receiving ROTC scholarship are not eligible.
- Benefit: 100% of tuition (capped at $250 per semester hour and $4500 per fiscal year)
- A student who is eligible for MGIB – Selected Reserve (CH 1606) or MGIB- Active Duty (CH 30) may also use FTA, but the two benefits may not be applied towards the same course(s). MGIB-SR must be enrolled at least 1/2 time to use both benefits.
- MGIB-AD participants drawing kicker benefits are not eligible for FTA.
Prior to enrolling, students should contact their ESO, military counselor, or Service for benefit approval. For program approval and further information on how to use your military benefit at LVC, please contact:
Trisha Hocker, Assistant Director of Financial Aid | 717-867-6188 | firstname.lastname@example.org
FTA contact information:
Federal Tuition Assistance Mgr: (717) 861-9238
GI Bill Manager: (717) 861-2717
Incentives (Bonus) Manager: (717) 861-8213
Department of Military & Veterans Affairs
ATTN: MP-SPT, BLDG 9-54
Annville, PA 17003-5002
Phone: 717-861-2717 or (800) 634-1790
DSN phone: 491-9238 DSN FAX: 491-9239