Graduate Assistant Lab Instructor
The Graduate Assistant Lab Instructor (GA Lab Instructor) will be assigned instruction and lab room responsibilities for an undergraduate exercise science course. Course assignments will reflect student background and performance in their undergraduate program. The GA Lab Instructor must attend all lab sessions in person on LVC’s campus in Annville, Pa.
The primary lecture course instructor will coordinate lab instruction with the GA Lab Instructor. The GA Lab Instructor is expected to review the course content, support weekly lab instruction, and gather, prepare, and replace lab instruction materials for each lab session. GA Lab Instructors also facilitate student engagement in learning activities, participate in practical exam administration applicable to the assigned lab course, maintain a clean and orderly lab room, and maintain close communication with the primary lecture course instructor. The salary is $2,500 per undergraduate lab course.
Eligibility Qualifications and Information
- Completed bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Fully accepted into the Master of Athletic Training, Master of Science in Clinical Exercise Physiology, Master of Science in Applied Kinesiology, or Master of Science in Sport Performance program. Students with conditional acceptance pending final, official transcripts will be considered.
- Enrolled full-time in one of the master’s programs noted above.
- Reside locally or within a commutable distance to LVC’s campus in Annville, Pa. GA Lab Instructors will provide in-person instruction.
- Selected students must complete assigned Instructor Development training through the Center for Educational Teaching and Learning (CETL) and Educational Technology Resources before starting the position.
GA Lab Instructor Application Process
After submitting their graduate program application, interested students can complete the GA Lab Instructor application in the graduate admissions portal. Applications are due by July 1 for a fall semester.
Interviews will be coordinated with the appropriate program director and faculty. The accepted GA Lab Instructor will be notified approximately two weeks before the start of the semester.