Canada | Quebec City | Advanced Language Program
About The Program:
This three-week summer program is offered to students in any major who have completed the pre-requisite FRN 280 or equivalent course. You can earn four credits with this advanced French language course that will apply toward a major or minor in French. Students will also fulfill the Intercultural Competence with a Focus on Language and Cultural immersion and Immersive Experience Constellation requirements.
Québec City is a mid-sized university town in the mostly French-speaking province of Québec. It is the only wall fortified city in North America north of Mexico, with nearly 4.6 km of walls and gates to explore around the city. The oldest section of the city has been designated a UNESCO world heritage site, and is home to outstanding European-inspired architecture, cobblestone streets, bistros, and boutiques.
- Students from any major who are in good social and academic standing (2.5 GPA) and have completed the prerequisite course FRN 280 or equivalent may apply.
- Classes will be held at the École Québec Monde. Students will participate in twenty hours of face-to-face instruction per week with an on-site instructor.
- Grades are based on class participation, exams, journal entries, and a final interview.
- Students live with a host family who provides breakfast and dinner.
- Scholarship funding is available for this program.
The program cost is estimated at $2,000 and includes:
- Tuition (4 credits)
- Housing with a French-speaking homestay
- Breakfast and dinner with a French-speaking homestay
- Three-four excursions
- Foreign emergency medical insurance
Lunches, airfare/travel, and personal expenses and not included in the program cost.
Study abroad grant funding is available based on eligibility. In addition, this program may be eligible for limited financial aid. Please read the 2022-23 Summer Financial Aid Application instructions on the Financial Aid website for additional information and submit an application to the Financial Aid Office.
Various program start dates throughout summer 2022.
Application Deadline: February 1
- Applications must be accompanied by a deposit payment of $200 (non-refundable after February 1).
- Remaining balance is due March 15.
Planned excursions include:
- Chateau Frontenac
- Musee de la Civilisation
- Musee des Beaux-arts du Quebec