Committee for Inclusive & Intercultural Learning
The Committee for Inclusive & Intercultural Learning (IIL) actively promotes and maintains an inclusive and equitable environment for all members of the LVC learning community.
The IIL strives to create a sustained culture that is aware, accepting, and enhanced by the rich cultures, races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, religions, and physical abilities on campus, with particular focus on groups who have been historically marginalized.
All LVC faculty, staff, and students are eligible for membership on the IIL. The voting members of the committee shall consist of two faculty members, two staff members, at least two, but not more than 6, students, and five ex officio members:
- VP of DEI (ex officio)
- Associate Provost of Undergraduate Education (ex officio)
- Director of Global Education (ex officio)
- Director of DEI and Belonging (ex officio)
- Appointed member of Human Resources (ex officio)
- Appointed member of Marketing and Communications (ex officio)
- Admissions (ex officio)
Faculty members will be selected and appointed by the provost in consultation with the Faculty Steering Committee. The staff representatives may be from any of the College’s departments or offices and are selected in consultation with the President. One student will be appointed by the SGA, the second student will be appointed by the President through a self-nominated process. All members, including ex-officio members, will have full and equal voting rights on recommendations put forth by the IIL. Half of the voting members will constitute a quorum.
The Committee members shall appoint two co-chairs, one faculty member and one staff member, to serve on the IIL committee. Committee members will recommend and influence the development and implementation of policies, procedures and programs to build a fully inclusive, diverse, and equitable learning community at Lebanon Valley College.
The Committee will be responsible for maintaining official minutes and files and communicating progress to the entire campus community.
The purpose of the IIL is to actively promote and maintain an inclusive and equitable environment for all members of the LVC learning community.
We strive to create a sustained culture that is aware, accepting, and enhanced by the rich cultures, races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, religions, and physical abilities on campus, with particular focus on groups that have been historically marginalized.
We invite you to consider self-nomination for membership on the Committee for Inclusive and Intercultural Learning for the 2023–24 academic year.
The committee is comprised of members of the College’s faculty, administration, as well as three student representatives (two appointed from Student Government and one from self-nomination). The Committee will look at all-inclusive and intercultural functions of the College with specific emphasis in the following areas:
- Plan and implement the annual Symposium on Inclusive Excellence.
- Make funding recommendations to President MacLaren for campus projects and initiatives that are inclusive and/or intercultural in nature.
- Use a global diversity and inclusion exercise/audit to benchmark other institutions, LVC affiliates, and vendors.
- Implement protocols for responding to campus reports of bias.
- Take a leadership role in educating the community on the culture of LVC and be proponents of institutional change.
- Increase the visibility of the committee through strategies such as student resources, quarterly newsletters, and a symposium series beyond the annual one-day event.
If you are interested in self-nominating for the open position, please read the following eligibility instructions.
Eligibility: Any full-time first-years, sophomores, or juniors who are in good academic and social standing are eligible to apply.
The application will be available in Fall 2023.