Bias Prevention & Education Advisory Team
Lebanon Valley College strives to be a welcoming community that embraces and values the diversity of all members of the campus community. We accept the uniqueness of all individuals, and we cultivate an environment that respects, affirms, and defends the dignity of each member of our community. Read the Lebanon Valley College Statement of Non-Discrimination
Reporting to the Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence, the Bias Prevention & Education Advisory team is a group of LVC faculty and staff working to 1) increase awareness of support and reporting systems and policies and 2) recommend to faculty and administration evidence-based bias prevention educational opportunities.
What is a Bias Incident?
A bias incident is an act of bigotry, harassment, or intimidation committed by or against a member of the Lebanon Valley College community based on actual or perceived race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, marital status, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, use of guide or support animals and/or mechanical aids, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. These acts may include, but are not limited to, slurs, graffiti, written messages, or images that harass or intimidate individuals or groups because of their membership in the above-listed protected classes.
How to Report a Bias Incident
All members of the community are encouraged to report any bias-related incidents they experience or directly witness or of which they become aware.
- Bias reports involving students will be addressed by Student Affairs staff.
- Bias reports involving faculty will be handled by Human Resources and Academic Affairs.
- Bias reports involving staff will be handled by Human Resources.
Students in need of support can choose from a range of options:
- Student Affairs staff (717-867-6233 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Counseling Services (717-867-6232 | email@example.com)
- Chaplain Andrea Haldeman (717-867-6136 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 5050 Peer Helpers (email@example.com)
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (717-867-6165 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
Faculty and Staff in need of support can contact the Employee Assistance Program.