Undergraduate Admission Requirements
The Psychology Department’s 3+2 option for the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program is uniquely designed to enable students to earn their bachelor of science degree in psychology 3.5 years after their initial undergraduate enrollment. Then, successful students complete all requirements for the master of science degree in clinical mental health counseling after their fifth year.
Students will be considered for admission to the undergraduate psychology phase of the program as first-year students pending a review of the following requirements:
- Lebanon Valley College’s undergraduate online application.
- A 500-word (maximum) essay focused on the applicant’s long-term goals in the counseling profession and how LVC’s program will help them reach those aspirations. Email essay to email@example.com.
- Current résumé. Email résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two recommendation forms completed online. Send this link to two recommenders of your choice.
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale).
- SAT/ACT scores are not required, but applicants may—at their option—submit them for consideration.
- Official transcripts from all high schools attended.
The most qualified applicants, based on a review of the above admission standards, will be invited to campus for a personal interview. A final admission decision will be made after the interview.
Once admitted, 3+2 students must attain a cumulative 3.0 GPA at the College before the spring semester of sophomore year (when students begin to complete graduate-level PSY courses) to maintain their enrollment in the program.
Admission Requirements for Current LVC Students
Current LVC freshmen or sophomores not initially accepted to the College as part of the 3+2 program, but who desire to matriculate into the program may do so prior to the Spring semester of sophomore year (when students begin to complete graduate-level PSY courses). Students must have attained a cumulative 3.0 GPA here at the College and will be considered for admission to the program pending review of the following requirements:
- Completion of this online form to indicate your intent to pursue acceptance into the program
- 500 word (maximum) essay focused on the applicant’s long-term goals within the counseling profession and how Lebanon Valley College’s program will help them reach those aspirations.
- Current resumé
- Two Recommendation Forms
An application beyond the items listed above is NOT required. Students should submit their essay and resumé to Susan Snyder, the Administrative Assistant for the Psychology Department, at email@example.com. Applicants will then be contacted regarding the process for submitting recommendations. The most qualified applicants based on a review of the above admission standards will be invited for a personal interview; a final admission decision will be made upon completion of the interview.