Examination accommodations are provided to eligible students with disabilities. These accommodations will be noted on the student’s letter of accommodation. Students who are eligible for exam accommodations must follow these procedures in order to use the testing facility:
Complete and submit an exam schedule card to the Center for Accessibility Resources within one week of receiving the accommodation letter. This exam schedule card is used to schedule students to complete exams in the testing facility and to request exams from faculty.
- List only the classes and exams that will be completed in the Center testing facility.
- Schedule exams to be completed between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Notify the Center of any changes to the scheduled exams by emailing email@example.com.
- Students cannot miss a class to take an exam for another class.
- When extra time is permitted, students must take the exam within the testing window—the same time as other students are taking the exam with additional time permitted immediately before or after the regularly scheduled exam period. Students may only complete exams outside the regularly scheduled time if there is a scheduling conflict such as back-to-back classes, the office is closed (evening/Saturday classes), or with professor permission due to extenuating circumstances.
- Professors have the right to administer a different test, if students are taking an exam outside the regular class period.
- Electronic devices, purses, bags, and other personal items are not permitted in the testing facility.
- Once students have begun an exam, he/she may not leave the testing area until finished.
- With professor permission, exams may be split to be administered over multiple testing sessions.
- All examinations must conclude by 4 p.m. daily.
- The Center testing facility is under video surveillance and monitored during all examinations.
- In addition to submitting the required exam schedule card, students may also schedule schedule examinations online.