How to Apply
It’s easy, and there’s no application fee. Give us a little bit of your time now— and we’ll give you our full support and attention throughout your college experience.
Click on the links below to apply to Lebanon Valley College!
What military education benefit am I eligible to receive?
The main types of military education benefits are:
- GI Bill - To apply for the GI Bill®, visit the VA's website
- Chapter 30 (MGIB-AD Active Duty )
- Chapter 31 (Veteran Readiness and Employment, have at least a 10% VA disability)
- Chapter 32 (VEAP, Entered service between Jan. 1, 1977 and June 30, 1985)
- Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill) and Yellow Ribbon Program
- Chapter 35 (DEA, Survivors, and Dependents Education Assistance Program)
- Chapter 1606 (MGIB-SR, Selected Reserve Program, NG or Reserves after 1985)
- National Call to Service (Currently enlisted, have had least 15 months active duty)
- Pennsylvania National Guard Education Assistance Program (EAP) - To apply for EAP, visit PHEAA.
- Pennsylvania National Guard Military Family Education Program (MFEP) – To apply for MFEP, visit PHEAA.
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) - To apply for FTA, visit ArmyIgnitED or see the Education Services Official within your unit. For more information about FTA and how to apply, visit Army National Guard.
How can I use my benefit at LVC?
- Determine benefit eligibility by reviewing the information above and visiting the appropriate website(s)
- Apply for the education benefit and provide the School Certifying Official with your confirmation of benefit approval. Transfer students who have used a GI Bill® benefit at a previous institution must also submit VA Form 22-1995 to the VA Regional Processing Office and provide LVC's School Certifying Official with a copy
- Submit the Enrollment Certification Request Form to the School Certifying Official prior to the beginning of each semester
- Notify the School Certifying Official of any changes in your enrollment status (add/drop classes, withdrawal, leave of absence, change of major, etc.) as any of these may affect your benefit
- Recipients of Chapter 30, Chapter 1606 or Chapter 1607 must verify their attendance at the end of each month to receive the previous month's benefit. Attendance must be verified online through WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment)
- Apply for additional sources of financial aid, if interested
The Code of Federal Regulations (38 CFR 21.4201) states VA shall not approve the enrollment of any VA-eligible person, not already enrolled, in any course for any period during which more than 85 percent of the students enrolled in the course are having all or part of their tuition, fees, or other charges paid to or for them by an Educational Institution or VA. If the ratio of Supported Students to Non-Supported Students exceeds 85% at the time a new VA beneficiary student enters or reenters (such as after a break in enrollment), the student cannot be certified to receive benefits in the program.
Does LVC participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
Yes, LVC does participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
For the 2017-2018 Academic year, Lebanon Valley College will not limit the number of Yellow Ribbon eligible and LVC accepted undergraduate students into the Yellow Ribbon Program.
For more information regarding the Yellow Ribbon Program, click here.
What scholarships can I apply for?
How will my military benefit impact my financial aid?
Please be advised that Lebanon Valley College reserves the right to decrease institutional aid awarded to students receiving military and veteran's benefits as set forth below:
- The College reserves the right to decrease any institutional aid (grants/scholarships) if the sum of the veteran's benefits paid directly to the school exceeds the amount charged for tuition and fees.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) may, at their discretion, reduce a student’s anticipated Post-9/11 GI Bill® payment to Lebanon Valley College for tuition and fees in order to satisfy a student’s outstanding debt (of any kind) with DVA. Students are responsible for any balance due to the College as a result of a reduced Post-9/11 GI Bill® payment.
Prior to enrolling, students should contact their ESO, military counselor, or Service for benefit approval. For program approval and further information on how to use your military benefit at LVC, please contact:
Office of Financial Aid | 717-867-6188 | email@example.com
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.