How to Apply
It’s easy, and there’s no application fee. Give us a little bit of your time now— and we’ll give you our full support and attention throughout your college experience.
Click on the links below to apply to Lebanon Valley College!
What military education benefit am I eligible to receive?
The main types of military education benefits are:
- GI Bill - To apply for the GI Bill®, visit the VA's website
- Chapter 30 (MGIB-AD Active Duty )
- Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation Program, have at least a 10% VA disability)
- Chapter 32 (VEAP, Entered service between Jan. 1, 1977 and June 30, 1985)
- Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill) and Yellow Ribbon Program
- Chapter 35 (DEA, Survivors, and Dependents Education Assistance Program)
- Chapter 1606 (MGIB-SR, Selected Reserve Program, NG or Reserves after 1985)
- National Call to Service (Currently enlisted, have had least 15 months active duty)
- Pennsylvania National Guard Education Assistance Program (EAP) - To apply for EAP, visit PHEAA.
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) - To apply for FTA, visit GoArmyEd or see the Education Services Official within your unit.
How can I use my benefit at LVC?
Click here for the military education benefit step-by-step checklist.
- Determine benefit eligibility by reviewing the information above and visiting the appropriate website(s)
- Apply for the education benefit and provide the School Certifying Official with your confirmation of benefit approval. Transfer students who have used a GI Bill® benefit at a previous institution must also submit VA Form 22-1995 to the VA Regional Processing Office and provide LVC's School Certifying Official with a copy
- Submit the Enrollment Certification Request form to the School Certifying Official prior to the beginning of each semester
- Notify the School Certifying Official of any changes in your enrollment status (add/drop classes, withdrawal, leave of absence, change of major, etc.) as any of these may affect your benefit
- Recipients of Chapter 30, Chapter 1606 or Chapter 1607 must verify their attendance at the end of each month to receive the previous month's benefit. Attendance must be verified online through WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment)
- Apply for additional sources of financial aid, if interested
Does LVC participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
Yes, LVC does participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
For the 2017-2018 Academic year, Lebanon Valley College will not limit the number of Yellow Ribbon eligible and LVC accepted undergraduate students into the Yellow Ribbon Program.
For more information regarding the Yellow Ribbon Program, click here.
What scholarships can I apply for?
How will my military benefit impact my financial aid?
Please be advised that Lebanon Valley College reserves the right to decrease institutional aid awarded to students receiving military and veteran's benefits as set forth below:
- The College reserves the right to decrease any institutional aid (grants/scholarships) if the sum of the veteran's benefits paid directly to the school exceeds the amount charged for tuition and fees.
- The College reserves the right to decrease institutional aid that is awarded based on need if the sum of the institutional need-based aid AND the veteran's benefits paid directly to LVC exceeds the student's financial need as determined by the FAFSA. The student's non-need-based scholarship will NOT be adjusted through this portion of the policy.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) may, at their discretion, reduce a student’s anticipated Post-9/11 GI Bill® payment to Lebanon Valley College for tuition and fees in order to satisfy a student’s outstanding debt (of any kind) with DVA. Students are responsible for any balance due to the College as a result of a reduced Post-9/11 GI Bill® payment.
LVC Military Scholars Tuition Reduction Program
The Lebanon Valley College Military Scholars Tuition Reduction Program is available to Veterans (whose discharge is other than dishonorable) and current Servicemembers on Active Duty or serving as reservists. This program is offered only to enrolled part-time undergraduate students or Master's level graduate students enrolled in the MBA program. The program is not open to dependents of Veterans or to full-time undergraduate students or to students of any other graduate program. The tuition will be set at a rate of $485 per credit for the 2019-2020 academic year and will be re-evaluated each year.
To begin the process of using your military education benefit at LVC, please contact:
Breanne Zipko, assistant director of financial aid | 717-867-6435 | firstname.lastname@example.org
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.