New Student Orientation
We are thrilled that you have decided to join the Lebanon Valley College community. You are joining an active, supportive, and inclusive community of learners and scholars who are here to help you excel academically, socially, and professionally.
Take advantage of all that we offer: attend events, meet new people, ask questions, and challenge yourself to go further and do more than you ever thought possible.
Our Orientation Program is filled with activities to help you navigate campus and adjust to college life and expectations.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- Dr. Sarah Shupp, Associate Dean of Student Affairs & Deputy Title IX Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org | 717-867-6233
New Student Orientation: August 24–27, 2023
Orientation officially begins on Thursday, August 24, for first-year residential and commuter students and new transfer students. Residential students will move into their residence halls on Thursday, August 24.
Students are encouraged to attend all Orientation events. Please note events that are marked with a (REQUIRED) are required of all incoming first-year and transfer students.
Attendance will be taken for required events.
Although all Orientation activities are open to every new student, the following keys note group-specific events:
- (C) events required for commuting students
- (T) events required for transfer students
Schedule is subject to change. Be sure to check back here for the most up-to-date information.
Purchase course-required textbooks in a variety of formats, including new, used, and digital books. Find LVC apparel and gifts, as well as school supplies, gift cards, and best-selling books.
The following offices are open Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Business Office (billing)—first floor, Administration Building/Humanities Center (Humanities)
- Registrar’s Office (scheduling, course schedules, credits)—first floor, Humanities
- Financial Aid Office—second floor, Carnegie Building
- Lebegern Learning Commons (academic support)—lower level, Allan W. Mund College Center (Mund/Mund College Center)
- Center for Student Engagement (co-curricular support)—first floor, Mund College Center
- Campus Safety (parking, security)—main concourse, Mund College Center on 8/24 from 8 a.m.–1 p.m. and available 24/7 in the Campus Safety Office, 148 N. College Ave.
- Office of Information Technology (computer support and ID cards)—lower level of Clyde A. Lynch Memorial Hall (*Tweedie Meeting Room, Mund College Center, 8/24–8/27)
Join members of LVC’s Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) in encouraging children in Lebanon County to read! When you arrive on campus to start the year, please bring a new or gently used children’s book with you.
Collection bins will be set up in Mund College Center, Arnold Sports Center, Miller Chapel, and Bishop Library through the end of September (National Literacy Month) to receive donations. Books will be shared with local schools, child care centers, shelters, and food pantries.