LVC THRIVE Scholars Program
The LVC THRIVE Scholars Program brings together PELL Grant-eligible students who are BIPOC and/or first-generation and demonstrate talent, honor, resilience, and integrity through Valley engagement.
About 20 LVC THRIVE Scholars in each new incoming first-year class will join the program. They will participate in social activities, receive individual and group mentoring, and develop workforce and leadership skills.
LVC THRIVE Scholars also have access to benefits, including an academic coach to help them plan their time and develop strategies for success, a student mentor who remembers what it feels like to be a first-year student and who will be there to answer questions, and advisory group sessions to address any questions or challenges the scholars are facing.
The LVC THRIVE Scholars Program provides student participants with a strong foundation and a built-in network for friendship and support.
Activities and Benefits
- Celebratory opening reception for students and their families
- A peer mentor who is an LVC junior
- An academic coach
- Built-in friend and support network from day one
- Opportunities for on-campus employment to add to your résumé
- Career planning and networking events
- Group activities (LVC THRIVE Scholars, program director, mentors, invited guests)
- Monthly social activity and group dinner
- Newsletter to families highlighting successes
- Celebratory end-of-year reception for students and their families
Please contact Annesha Edwards-Carter, director of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, at email@example.com or 717-867-6239 if you have any questions.