Professional Certification for a Career in Hospitals, Nursing Facilities, or Medical Practices
With LVC's accredited Healthcare Management Certificate, you’ll gain the tools you need to work in fields related to healthcare. Our program focuses on skills applicable across various healthcare delivery systems that will prepare you for hospital management or healthcare administration positions.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 32% Job Outlook for Medical and Health Services Managers (much faster than average) between 2019 and 2029. The Healthcare Management Certificate can help you succeed in this rapidly growing field.
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to jumpstart your new career or grow in your current career.
Certificate coursework explores healthcare information systems, legal and regulatory issues in healthcare, and ethical leadership. Enroll in the courses that will most benefit you in your current position and career aspirations.
Learn through a flexible format that works with your schedule through face-to-face, hybrid, and fully online courses. Seven-week courses allow you to complete your professional certification quickly to advance in your career in healthcare management.
The certificate is 3 courses (9 credits) that can be obtained as a stand-alone certificate or concentration in Lebanon Valley College’s Master of Business Administration program. If you choose, all 9 credits earned in achieving your Healthcare Management Certificate are transferable into the LVC-MBA Program, giving you a head-start on earning this highly desired degree.
Our accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business School and Programs (ACBSP) ensures that you will receive a quality education taught by experts in teaching business in Pennsylvania, the Mid-Atlantic region, and beyond. ACBSP’s standards recognize teaching excellence, demonstrated student outcomes, and continuous improvement.
The choice of courses is constantly growing.
Current courses in the Healthcare Management Certificate include:
- MBA 801 Introduction to Healthcare Management
- MBA 802 Ethical, Legal, and Regulatory Issues in Healthcare
- MBA 830 Healthcare Informatics
- MBA 883 Healthcare Leadership
- MBA 885 Ethical Leadership
- MBA 891 Special Topics in Healthcare Management
What makes the Healthcare Management Certificate at LVC special?
- Examine regulatory issues, decision-making strategies, ethics, and informatics across various healthcare delivery systems to gain the tools you need to succeed in healthcare management.
- Learn from faculty who are industry professionals with decades of experience in healthcare management from various perspectives.
- LVC’s Health Care Management Certificate is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business School and Programs (ACBSP).
- Take courses online or in person, in a seven-week format, so you can still work full-time.
- Complete your graduate certificate in less than a year.
- Apply your Healthcare Management Certificate credits (9 credits) toward a Master's Degree in Business Administration.
- Increase your salary potential.
Eligibility Information and Application
- Complete the online application.
- Upload or send your résumé and personal statement.
- Provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree, or
- Conditional acceptance may be issued while completing your bachelor’s degree if you are already enrolled in a program.
- No GMAT exams or prerequisite courses are required.
We are enrolling NOW for our next start date, with courses offered in January 2022, March 2022, and May 2022!
Lebanon Valley College (LVC) is pleased to offer its alumni a scholarship for 20 percent of the tuition for the Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Intelligence & Security Studies, or Business Certificate programs. No scholarship application is required. We will verify your eligibility automatically when you apply for admission to an eligible graduate program. If you are admitted and enroll, a 20 percent scholarship will be applied to the published per credit hour tuition rate during your time in the program.
The Accelerated Alumni Admission process is simple and free of charge to current LVC seniors and alumni.