Careers in medicine and the health professions require careful academic planning with expert advisors. LVC's Pre-Medicine Concentration offers intensely personal guidance matched with well-regarded academic preparation.
Our curriculum ensures your academic path will match your aspirations, preparing you to be an effective and compassionate healer.
Learn More About the Program
LVC’s Pre-medicine Concentration is for students who intend to pursue medical school with a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Chemistry, or Neuroscience. The concentration is a precise sequence of courses that will help you meet the requirements for admission to medical school and thrive once you’re there.
Meet Medical School Admission Requirements
The Pre-medicine Concentration covers all competencies for MCAT preparation. Medical schools want to see evidence of these competencies in your application materials.
Clinical and Research Experience
Our Pre-medicine program includes opportunities for clinical and research internships, independent research with faculty, and even study abroad experiences.
Being a Medical Professional
In our Professional Development for Medical Professionals course you’ll learn about personality traits, soft skills, academic skills, and other skills required by the profession to match your career goals best. You’ll explore medical disparities and issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in medicine from practitioner and patient perspectives.
Receive support from our faculty-led Pre-medical Professions Committee starting your first year if your goal is to become an M.D., D.O., dentist, veterinarian, physician’s assistant, pharmacist, optometrist, podiatrist, or physical therapist.
The faculty on this committee will:
- Collect and maintain information about you to help you plan your four years of pre-professional study.
- Periodically review your academic performance to help keep you on track or advise those in trouble of alternative paths.
- Provide information about standardized examinations (e.g., MCAT, DAT, GRE) used by professional schools.
- Write a composite letter of reference, using input from your faculty and outside evaluators.
- Conduct a mock interview to prepare you for professional school interviews.