Physical Therapy Mission, Goals, & Objectives
The mission of the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Lebanon Valley College is to graduate competent, autonomous, and contemporary movement specialists with a liberal arts background. We prepare critically thinking, reflective practitioners that provide patient and family-centered care. Our graduates exemplify professional presence through the use of evidence-based practice and sound clinical reasoning in an interprofessional environment.
Program Goals and Objectives
- Graduates will possess broad-based skills and knowledge necessary for effective implementation of the patient/client management model across a variety of contexts.
- Graduates meet entry level by the conclusion of their final clinical. 100% pass rate on professional licensure examination meets benchmark.
- The pass rate on comprehensive practical examination meets target and demonstrates proficiency in psychomotor skills.
- Graduates will be proactive and professionally responsive to meet current and future societal healthcare needs, as movement specialists, while promoting the profession of physical therapy.
- Graduates can identify healthcare needs of the community, formulate a plan to address community healthcare needs, and implement a plan to address a community healthcare needs with each exceeding target thresholds.
- Employers acknowledge Program graduates demonstrate professional responsibility and advocacy.
- Graduates will possess the critical thinking skills needed to promote self-directed learning and evidence-based practice common to a doctoring profession.
- Graduates demonstrate critical thinking and evidence-based practice as demonstrated by pass rates on the professional licensure examination and clinical performance.
- Graduates utilize evidence-based sources to support and enhance clinical practice.
- Program graduates engage in clinical practice, post-professional education, and obtain nationally recognized advanced certifications.
- Graduates will be guided in their decision-making process using the core values of the physical therapy profession.
- Program graduates incorporate professional core values in clinical decision-making.
- Graduates will recognize the value of contributing to society through education and community service.
- Graduates perform community outreach activities, attend continuing education courses, and support clinical education contributing to their community.
For more information on learning goals and outcomes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.