Applications for admission to the M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program are considered on a rolling basis, and those admitted may begin the program in August or January.
Applicants who possess a bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited college or university will be considered for admission pending a review of the following requirements.
- Lebanon Valley College graduate online application
- An official transcript from your undergraduate college or university showing a minimum college GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale); any applicants not meeting this standard will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Official transcripts should be signed and sealed by the issuing school and mailed to the Graduate Admission Office.
- Secure, electronic delivery to firstname.lastname@example.org is also available.
- If requesting graduate transfer credit, official transcripts from the relevant graduate institution/s are also required.
- A personal statement (maximum 500 words) focused on your long-term goals in the counseling profession and how LVC’s program will help you reach those aspirations.
- A current professional résumé.
- 2 professional or academic references.
- References will be asked to complete an online reference form provided by LVC. Separate letters of recommendation are not required.
- GRE scores are not required, but applicants may—at their option—submit them for consideration.
The most qualified applicants, based on a review of the above admission standards, will be invited for a personal interview; a final admission decision will be made after the interview.
Application materials can be uploaded in the Graduate Application Portal, submitted to email@example.com, or mailed to:
Lebanon Valley College
101 North College Avenue
Annville, PA 17003
For students who want to transfer graduate credits into LVC’s program during the application process, those credits must have been earned through a CACREP-accredited program, with any transfer-course grade being no lower than a “B.” Also, students can only transfer a maximum of 15 credits, and transfer credits will not be accepted for PSY 701, 750, 711, 712, 870, 880, or 881. See courses on our Degree Requirements page.