Exercise Science Mission, Goals, & Objectives
We provide students with an evidence-based, collaborative interprofessional curriculum and set of experiences to develop essential knowledge and skills to seek successful careers in exercise and sport sciences or to pursue a graduate education.
Department Goals and Objectives
- Graduates will possess broad-based skills and knowledge necessary for the effective implementation of exercise science principles across a variety of contexts.
- Program graduates will demonstrate safe and effective exercise administration.
- Program graduates will demonstrate knowledge of foundational exercise science principles.Learning Outcome(s): 82-100% satisfaction with student knowledge/theory of exercise and preparation for exercise program implementation
- Graduates will effectively and professionally communicate with clients and other health care professionals.
- Program graduates will demonstrate competent verbal and written professional communication.
- Graduates will demonstrate effective coaching/instruction techniques to facilitate adherence to a personalized exercise prescription.Learning Outcome(s): 95-100% satisfaction with communication and motivation with exercise clients
- Graduates will be proactive and professionally responsive to meet current and future societal healthcare needs and promote exercise and healthy lifestyles.
- Program graduates will demonstrate involvement within the exercise science profession.Learning Outcome(s): 80% of graduates accepted to, or plan to go on to graduate school; More than 50% student memberships in professional organizations such as NSCA, ACSM, and ASB.
- Graduates will possess the critical thinking skills needed to promote self-directed learning and evidence-based practice in the area of wellness and exercise science.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically appraise current evidence in exercise science to foundational science and exercise prescription.
- Demonstrate and provide evidence of self-directed learning.Learning Outcome(s): Student-faculty research with publication and/or presentation at local, regional, and national venues.
- Graduates will provide individual exercise needs assessments with various client populations and develop personalized exercise prescriptions.
- Graduates will demonstrate competence in various performance assessment methods leading to a personalized exercise prescription.Learning Outcome(s): 100% client satisfaction with virtual and in-person exercise program development
Essential Functions of an LVC Exercise Science Student
For more information on learning goals and outcomes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.