Criminal Justice Student & Faculty Research
The criminal justice faculty provide real-world learning opportunities through field trips, student-faculty research, expert guest lecturers, and professional internships. These internships enable students to learn from direct experience in the field, and provide students with valuable networks, references, and leads for future employment opportunities.
Kaitlyn Coulter ’20, a psychology major with criminal justice concentration, presented research at the American Society of Criminology Conference with Dr. Kathryn Whiteley, co-chair of the social sciences department and associate professor of criminal justice, and Dr. Kristofer (Bret) Bucklen, director of Pennsylvania Department of Correction’s Bureau of Planning, Research, and Statistics in November 2019.
The presentation was titled “Characteristics of Female Sexual Offenders in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.” Funding for the research was provided through the Arnold Grant Program.
Dr. Kathryn M. Whiteley, associate professor of criminal justice and international expert on the study of women who kill, was a recent guest on one of the most highly watched programs across Australia, Channel Nine Australia’s Under Investigation: with Liz Hayes series. Dr. Whiteley appears just past the 22-minute mark of the Adultery, Murder, and Mayhem: The Scandalous Crime Unsolved for 30 Years.
- Area Agency on Aging
- Berks County Office of the Public Defender
- Berks County Youth Center
- Bethany Children’s Home
- Common Sense Adoption Services
- Community Services Group
- Cornwall Manor
- Dauphin County Services for Children and Youth
- Derry Township Police Department
- Domestic Violence Intervention
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Juvenile Probation Office
- Keystone Children and Family Services
- Keystone Residence
- Lebanon County Adult Probation
- Lebanon County Detectives
- Lebanon County Juvenile Probation
- Lebanon Family Health Services
- Lebanon Valley Home
- Northwestern Academy
- North Wildwood Police Department
- PA Board of Probation and Parole
- PA Department of Community and Economic Development
- PA Department of Public Welfare
- PA State Government
- Philhaven Hospital
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central PA
- Sexual Assault Resource and Counseling Center
- Youth Advocate Program, Inc.