Engineering lab

Engineering 3+2 Cooperative Programs and Advising

Cooperating Universities and Advising

Lebanon Valley College has cooperative agreements with Pennsylvania State University and Case Western Reserve University. These agreements require students to complete a technical core of science and mathematics courses at LVC with a GPA of at least 2.75 to 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) depending on the school and field of engineering.

Students at LVC follow one of two tracks, depending on their chosen field of engineering. For most engineering fields (civil, electrical, and mechanical for example), the student takes the physics track. For chemical engineering, the student takes the chemistry track. Students should be prepared to start with Calculus I during their first semester at LVC. In order to begin Calculus I, a student must attain a passing score on the LVC calculus-readiness exam. If a student does not attain a passing score, the student will need to take a summer math course in order to complete the program at LVC.


Majors Available at Case Western Reserve University

College of Engineering (3.00 GPA Requirement)

  • Aerospace Engineering
  • Biomedical Engineering
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Engineering Physics
  • Materials Science and Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Macromolecular Science and Engineering
  • Systems and Control Engineering

For more information, visit the Case Western Reserve University Dual Degree (3+2 Engineering) Program website.


Majors Available at Penn State-University Park

College of Engineering (3.00 GPA requirement)

  • Biological Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Engineering Science
  • General Engineering

College of Earth and Mineral Sciences (2.75 GPA requirement)

  • Energy Engineering
  • Environmental Systems Engineering
  • Materials Science and Engineering
  • Mining Engineering

Enrollment Control

Some engineering majors at Penn State University are under enrollment control and not available to Lebanon Valley College students at this time. Further, with a two-year advanced notice, Penn State can place any major under enrollment control, and hence a major that is currently available may not be available to students even after they complete their first year at LVC. Note that all engineering majors at Case Western are available to Lebanon Valley College students.

For more information, visit theĀ Penn State University Dual Degree (3+2 Engineering) Program website.

With close personal advising beginning when students first enter LVC as well as course equivalencies between LVC and the cooperating universities, students have typically completed their engineering degrees in two years. However, LVC cannot guarantee that this can always be done due to the variability of course offerings at the engineering schools and the diversity of requirements among the fields of engineering. Since the 3+2 Engineering Program requires three years at LVC, students transferring to LVC may not participate in the program. Contact Dr. Keith Veenhuizen, director of the Lebanon Valley College 3+2 Engineering Program, for additional information.