As a studio artist, I work primarily as a painter but also experiment with sound and video. My recent paintings are large-scale abstractions of nature, in watercolor and ink. I also curated exhibitions and wrote about art.
- The Thomas Rhys Vickroy Distinguished Teaching Award, 2021
- Arnold Grant for Experiential Learning, Journal of Color & Culture, 2015.
- Arnold Grant for Experiential Learning, Transformation: A Journey Into Abstraction, 2012.
- Recurring Landscape, Lebanon Valley Council on the Arts, Lebanon, PA, 2013.
- Ebb and Flow: Ten Years of Painting, Hunt Gallery, Mary Baldwin University, Staunton, VA, 2011.
- Chromatology, Doshi Gallery, Susquehanna Art Museum, Harrisburg, PA, 2008.
- Continuous Flow: 1995–2005, Suzanne H. Arnold Art Gallery, Lebanon Valley College, Annville, PA, 2005.
- Uncertain Pairings, Marcia Wood Gallery, Atlanta, GA, 2003.
Selected Group Exhibitions
- Re-Hydrate, Hydra Studios, Reading, PA, 2018.
- Abstraction in the Collection, Lebanon Valley College, Annville, PA, 2014.
- Course & Discourse: An Exhibition of Professor & Student Work, Susquehanna Art Museum, Harrisburg, PA, 2013.
- Nature Satisfies with Its Loveliness, Kenise Barnes Fine Art, Larchmont, NY, 2009.
- Art of the State, The State Museum of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, PA, 2005.
- Drawing Conclusions II, New York Arts Gallery, New York, NY, 2004.
- Layered, Stacked, and Piled, Pennsylvania College of Art and Design, Lancaster, 2004.
- FYE 111/112: Punk
- ART 110: Creative Studio
- ART 210: Painting Studio
- ART 230: Portfolio & Publishing Studio
- ART 265: Color & Film
- ART 380: Color & Culture
- ART 440: Directed Studio