As an African American educator and tenor, I have enjoyed a successful career both on and off the operatic stage performing works of the musical theatre, art song, and opera repertoires while having taught students from all around the country. My students have continued on to study music at institutions such as Texas A&M, Michigan State University, and Belmont University while then moving on to pursue careers in musical theatre, opera, and popular music in the recording industry.
I am an avid recitalist and pride myself on the inclusion of African American spirituals on the recital stage. During the 2019-2020 season, I premiered my solo voice recital entitled, “Songs my mother taught me…” which is a celebration of African American History through spirituals sponsored by Fort Worth Opera. Since then, I have had the great fortune of performing it in venues across the country.
- “Songs my mother taught me…” A professional recital of African American Spirituals as a celebration of Black History Month
- Multiple main stage contracts in Opera and Musical Theatre
- Festival Artist with Savannah Opera
- Festival Artist with Utah Festival Opera and Musical Theatre
- Apprentice Artist with Opera Southwest
- Hattie Mae Lesley Apprentice Artist with Fort Worth Opera
- Chrisman Studio Artist with Opera Santa Barbara
- MUI 121/221 & MME 830 Private Voice
- MSC 205 Song Interpretation: Analyzing Dramatic Context
- MSC 243 Musical Theatre History
- MUE 240 Musical Theatre Repertoire
- MSC 866.01 Beginning Pedagogy and Methods for Contemporary Styles