As a former journalist, I treat the classroom like a newsroom. Students in my classes gain real-life experiences. Most important to me is that students leave my class more media literate than before my class and able to decipher different mediums of communication. No matter one’s career path, being a savvy consumer of information is key.
I spent nearly 10 years in television newsrooms across the U.S., from working as a morning news anchor to a weekend news anchor to a general assignment reporter and finally to a sports anchor. As an Emmy-award-winning sports journalist, my fondest memories are telling other people’s stories. I love teaching others how to do the same.
- Mid-Atlantic Emmy Awards: Winner Outstanding Reporter–Sports, 2005–2006
- Mid-Atlantic Emmy Awards: Finalist in two sports categories, 2009
The Basics of Media Writing: A Strategy Based Approach, By: Scott A. Kuehn and James A. Lingwall. ISBN: 9781506308104
- Advisor for La Vie, LVC’s student-run newspaper
- First-Year Experience
- ENG130: Intro to Media in the Digital Age
- ENG231: Journalism and News Reporting
- ENG233: Multimedia Narratives
- ENG330: Advanced Journalist Writing
- ENG430: Multimedia Storytelling