Professor of Design, Media, and Technology
Office Location: Clyde A. Lynch 119-B
- International Digital Media and Arts Association, Board Member and Treasurer, 2005-2015.
- Visiting Professor in E-business, Department of Strategic Innovation, Leuphana University, Lüneburg, Germany.
- Society for Technical Communication, Body of Knowledge Project Lead, 2010-2015
- Kline, J., & Alex-Brown, K. (2013). The social body of knowledge: Nurturing organizational social capital via social media based communities of practice. Technical Communication, 60(4), 279-292.
- Kline, J., & Barker, T. (2012). Negotiating professional consciousness in technical communication: A community of practice approach. Technical Communication, 59(1), 32-48.
- Changing Higher Education: Can Universities Overcome Baumol’s Cost Disease to Innovate? Guest Lecture at Leuphana University, University of Lüneburg, Lüneburg, Germany, December 15, 2013.
- Corporate Microblogging: A Case Study in Enterprise Social Networking. AIIM 360 Annual Conference. Philadelphia. April 2010.
- Mapping the Body of Knowledge: Knowledge Creation and Transfer in Technical Communication. Paper presentation, IEEE IPCC PCS Conference. Montreal. (July 2008).