Chair and Professor of Design, Media, and Technology
Office Location: Clyde A. Lynch 119-A
Dr. Jeff Ritchie is a storyteller and interaction and user experience designer interested in interactive storytelling and emerging media.
Consulting: Qualitative Research for area companies
- “Robert Burns and William Wordsworth: Positioning of a Romantic Artist in the Literary Marketplace.” republished in Jennifer Stock, ed., Patrick Scott, Academic advisor, Literature criticism from 1400 to 1800, vol. 311: Robert Burns (Farmington Hills, MI: Gale/Cengage, in association with Layman Poupard Publishing, 2022). pp. 184-188.
- “The Affordances and Constraints of Mobile Locative Narratives,” Digital Storytelling with Mobile Media: Locative Technologies and Narrative Practices, Jason Farman, editor. Routledge Press, 2013.
- “Introduction.” The International Digital Media and Arts Association Journal. Vol. 6, number 1, Fall 2009.
- “What Might Yet….” The International Digital Media and Arts Association Journal. Vol. 5, number 1, Fall 2008.
- “Navigating the Gap: The Rhetoric of Digital Space and Interactive Narratives.” The International Digital Media and Arts Association Journal– Vol. 4, number 2 Spring 2007. Peer-reviewed.
- “Digital Media and Change: A Literary/Historical Perspective.” The International Digital Media and Arts Association Journal. Vol. 4, number 1, Fall 2007.
- “A Media in its Infancy and ‘Plaintext’ in the Ivory Tower.” The International Digital Media and Arts Association Journal. Vol.3, number 1, Fall 2006.
- “Robert Burns and William Wordsworth: Positioning of a Romantic Artist in the Literary Marketplace.” Studies in Scottish Literature. Vol. 30. Columbia, South Carolina: University of South Carolina Press, 1998. 129 – 136.
- Reviewer. Convergence: The International Journal of Research into New Media Technologies. Sage Publishing. https://journals.sagepub.com/home/con. Spring 2020.
- Textbook Reviewer, Exploring Interface Design by Marc Silver, Delmar Cengage. Fall 2011.
“Review of Anthony Wilhelm’s Digital Nation: Toward an Inclusive Information Society.” Journal for Cultural and Religious Thought. Vol.8, number 1, Winter, 2006.
- Principles of Interaction Design
- Interaction design studio I and II
- Capstone Research and Development
- Augmented Reality
- Emerging Media