Co-Chair and Associate Professor of Music
Director of Pride of The Valley Marching Band
Office Location: Blair 110
Christopher Heffner taught initially at Todd County Central High School in Elkton, KY, and is currently serving as Co-Chair, Director of Bands, and Associate Professor of Music at Lebanon Valley College. Here, he directs the Pride of The Valley marching band, LVC Symphonic Band, and Wind Ensemble.
Dr. Heffner teaches a variety of music education classes as well as private trumpet studio at Lebanon Valley College. He remains active as a guest conductor and clinician working with groups throughout the United States.
As a trumpet performer, Dr. Heffner has performed and recorded with the Atlantic Chamber Winds, The University of Florida Wind Symphony, The University of Florida Symphony Orchestra, The Gainesville Symphony Orchestra, and notable artists Bob McChesney and Wayne Bergeron. Dr. Heffner is a member of the National Association for Music Education, the College Band Directors National Association, and the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association. He is also a member of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, and an honorary member of Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma.
- PMEA Conference Presenter – “Be Consistent – Treat Everyone Differently; A Situational Leadership Approach to Rehearsal Management” (2023)
- PMEA District 7 Presenter – Strategic Rehearsal Management (2022)
- Guest Lecturer, PMEA Crescendo Conference, “Everything Trumpet” (2022)
- Guest Lecturer, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL – Effective Rehearsal Management Strategies. (2020)
- Guest Lecturer, Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA – Situational Leadership in the Instrumental Music Rehearsal. (2020)
- MMEA Maryland All-Shore Honors Band, Federalsburg, MD (2023)
- NMS Honors Band, Mt. Carmel, PA. (2022)
- KCMEA Honor Band, Dover, DE (2020)
- ACMEA Honor Band, Biglerville, PA (2020)
- New Jersey All-Shore Band, Neptune, NJ (2019)
- McNeese State University Honors Band, Lake Charles, LA (2019)
- McNeese State University Wind Symphony, Lake Charles, LA (2019)
- The University of South Florida, Well Done, A Tribute Concert for John C. Carmichael, Tampa, FL (2018).
- MUE 101-01 – “Pride of the Valley” Marching Band
- MUE 205-01 – Fall Concert Band
- MUI 130/230-01 – 30/60 minute trumpet lesson
- MUE 102-01 – Symphonic Band
- MUI 130/230 – 30/60 minute trumpet lesson
- MED 335-01 – Instrumental Literature & Methods
- MED 337-01 – Music Teaching and Learning I
- MUE-215-01 – Trumpet Ensemble
- MME-888-01 – Modern Band Composition & Performance Ensemble