Interfaith Honor Society
The Interfaith Honor Society encourages student exploration of the faiths of others in light of the student’s own religious identity both in and beyond the classroom. Certification is awarded once program requirements are met. Completion may occur at any point during a student’s enrollment at Lebanon Valley College.
Matthew Sayers, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Religion | email@example.com | 717-867-6133
To be completed in the course of one’s time as an LVC student, not necessarily within the course of a single academic year.
- Discuss interest in the program with a certification coordinator.
- Submit application to the Interfaith Certification Program.
- Participate in eight interfaith opportunities at LVC.
- Submit reflections for eight LVC-sponsored interfaith opportunities (provided at events).
- Complete one approved course within the Department of Religion and Philosophy.
- Summarize and reflect upon a short, scholarly article in conversation with a certification coordinator.
- Write a concluding reflection on the personal impact of your involvement in the program.
Upon completion, the student will receive a formal certificate as well as special interfaith prize/award at the annual Student Affairs Dessert Banquet. Recipients are:
- noted on the student’s LVC Job Center Profile
- listed on the LVC Web site
- honored in LVC’s printed Commencement Program upon the graduation
- Sustained Interfaith Dialogues
- IFYC’s Interfaith Leadership Institute (equivalent to three certification programs; financial aid available)
- Scheduled tours of local houses of worship
- Scheduled trips to local worship experiences
- Interfaith Service Projects
- REL 120: Religion in America
A study of the origin and development of religious expression in America with special emphasis on issues of religious diversity.
- REL 140: Encountering World Religions
Examines the beliefs and practices of major religious traditions and movements.
- REL 202: Comparative Scriptures
Familiarizes students with a variety of religious texts from several religious traditions.
|Hart Temple||301 Steigerwalt Hollow Rd||New Cumberland, PA 17070||717-774-7750|
|Blue Mountain Lotus Society||6496 Jonestown Rd||Harrisburg, PA 17012||717-671-5057|
|St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church||125 Spruce St||Annville, PA 17003||717-867-7471|
|Congregation Beth Israel||411 S 8th St||Lebanon, PA 17042||717-273-2669|
|Lebanon Valley Mosque||1300 Florence St||Lebanon, PA 17042||717-273-5423|
|First United Methodist Church||520 East Birch St||Palmyra, PA 17078||717-838-2551|
|Christ Church UCC||200 S. White Oak St||Annville, PA 17003||717-867-1641|
|Pennsylvania Non-believers||P.O. Box 702||York, PA 17405||717-467-1266|