The health services staff is available to meet the ordinary medical needs of all full-time students and to provide emergency medical care for the College community. The health center is staffed with a registered nurse.
Reminder: All full-time students are also required to have health insurance. Please update your health records by contacting Shroyer Health Center with any new medical issues or insurance changes. Medical History Form
Health Service Hours
A registered nurse is available Monday–Friday 10 a.m.–3 p.m. for evaluation and triage at the health center.
For after-hours sickness or emergencies- you should contact your resident assistant (RA), area coordinator (AC), or public safety (ext. 6111) for immediate assistance. For medical emergencies call 911. To call for health care advice after hours and weekends the after hours Nurse Advise Line is 717-867-4671. (This advice line is affiliated with Annville's Pinnacle Express Care. Always check your health insurance before seeking health care.)
All students are required to have a health record completed by their family physician as a requirement to be officially registered for classes and to participate in intercollegiate athletics. All health records are confidential and only health center staff have access to them.
Immunization information must be complete and immunizations up-to-date in order for your health record to be considered complete. LVC requires the following immunizations (listed on the form):
- TDAP/Adacel/Boostrix (circle)
- OPV (polio) series
- Varivax vaccine or Varicella Disease
- Meningococcal (Menactra (A/C/Y/W-135)
- Tuberculosis Testing (PPD) within the past 12 months
- Hepatitis B
The LVC Health Center only offers a meningitis vaccine on-site for a cost of $125. Other immunizations will have to be secured off-site for additional fees.
The following immunizations are recommended, but not required:
- Hepatitis A
- Meningitis B
We are unable to provide allergy injections. Please check with your doctor for other resources for this service or another plan of care for your allergies.
Local Allergists Include:
- Allergy & Asthma Center
720 Norman Dr., Lebanon, PA
- Hershey Allergy & Immunology
Entrance 4, 200 Campus Dr., Suite 1300, Hershey, PA
Health & Accident Insurance
All full-time students are responsible for obtaining health insurance and submitting a Medical History Form to the Office of Health Services. If you do not currently have coverage, a number of well-known companies offer reasonably priced medical insurance plans for college students. Note: Under provisions of the Affordable Care Act, the College is no longer able to offer the basic medical insurance plans previously available.
Resource for insurance application information:
- Lebanon Family Health Services- www.lebanonfamilyhealth.org | 615 Cumberland St, Lebanon, PA 17042 | tel# 717-273-6741 -- for application assistance for insurance exchanges for the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- (For accidental injuries, the College provides full-time undergraduate and full-time physical therapy students with a $2,500 secondary/excess insurance plan that can be used to supplement your own health insurance plan. Additional information about this accident insurance plan including a claim form is available here.)
- Forms are also available at Shroyer Health Center
For emergencies, the local ambulance service (911) will be called. Students are responsible for the transportation to off-campus medical appointments and non-emergent trips to the hospital.
Uber can be used and is available in the Annville area.
Some over the counter medications are available at the Health Center at no extra charge. The Health Center is not financially responsible for medications prescribed by an off-campus physician or for medication which the student may have been taking prior to attending the College.
Excuses for missed classes due to illness are not provided by the Health Center. Students must speak directly to their instructors regarding any missed classes.
General Health Care
Health Services provides basic nursing care for common problems (e.g. colds, cough, stomach ache, etc.). Routine diagnostic tests are also available (e.g., tests for strep throat, urinary tract infection, mononucleosis, and pregnancy). If you need a service that the Health Center does not provide, the staff will assist you in coordinating health services specific to your needs in cooperation with your insurance company.
There is no charge for visits to the Health Center or to see one of the nurses. NOTE: ALL students are REQUIRED to provide verification of Health Insurance as noted in the Student Handbook. Students are financially responsible for prescriptions, x-rays, laboratory tests, and referrals to off-campus facilities or consultations that are not covered by their insurance.
Emergency room facilities are available 24 hours a day at the Good Samaritan Hospital and the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
Several urgent care centers are available locally:
Pinnacle Health Express—open for walk ins:
1251 E Main Street, Annville, PA 17003
Mon-Sat 9am-9pm Sun-9am-5pm
Call 717-988-0531 (1mile from LVC campus)
Med Express-Urgent Care
1010 West Crestview Drive. Lebanon, PA (Lebanon Plaza)
717-272-7469 | Open every day 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
PennMedicine Lancaster General Health Urgent Care
Rt 72 (intersection of Isabel and Cornwall) Lebanon, PA
Monday — Friday: 9am to 9 pm
Saturday — Sunday: 8am to 8pm tel: (717)-675-1788
- The student is responsible for providing accurate information about his or her past medical history and present symptoms to allow proper evaluation and treatment.
- The student is responsible for asking questions if he or she does not understand the explanations of their diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, or any instructions.
- The student is responsible for any charges billed to him or her.
- The student is responsible for contacting the Health Center if his or her condition worsens or does not follow the expected course.