Thankfully, there’s an app to fix all of that! All LVC students have free access to a program called Grammarly Premium. Grammarly scans your text for common and complex grammatical mistakes, covering everything from subject-verb agreement to article use to passive voice. You will get detailed explanations for all of your mistakes as well as weekly progress reports to measure your understanding and track your growth.
Grammarly can also be downloaded as a plug-in to help while you’re using any Microsoft Office product as well as Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
To start using Grammarly, follow the directions below:
- Go to grammarly.com/edu/signup
- Provide your name, @lvc.edu email, and password.
- Check your inbox for the activation email and click on the provided link.
- To make sure you get the most out of Grammarly, you may wish to download some additional services.
- Once your account is created, you can find a step-by-step tutorial on your home page.
Please note that if you already have the free version of Grammarly, and you’re having trouble accessing the premium version, follow the steps below:
- Log out of your individual account.
- Log in to your account again.
- Check your email (Inbox and spam folder) for a confirmation email and click the link inside. It will redirect you to the right page where account will be upgraded.
If you are still having problems accessing Grammarly Premium, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.