The LVC Trauma-Informed Counseling Certificate is available for counselors or anyone in a professional field who engages with people who have experienced trauma. Our program welcomes educators, healthcare workers, first responders, lawyers, social workers, and anyone in the human services field interested in providing trauma-informed care to their students, patients, or clients. The certificate is based on best practices and addresses chronic forms of trauma, such as poverty and abuse, and societal trends and events that cause trauma.
Learn More About the Program
Learn through a flexible format that works with your schedule through online or hybrid program options. Seven-week terms allow you to complete your professional certification in one year.
The certificate comprises 4 courses (12 credits) that can be obtained as a stand-alone certificate or applied toward Lebanon Valley College’s Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program.
Applications for admission to the Trauma-Informed Counseling Certificate Program are considered on a rolling basis, and those admitted may begin the program in August or January.
Applicants who possess a bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited college or university will be considered for admission pending a review of the following requirements.
- Lebanon Valley College graduate online application
- An official transcript from your undergraduate college or university showing a minimum college GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale); any applicants not meeting this standard will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Official transcripts should be signed and sealed by the issuing school and mailed to the Graduate Admission Office.
- Secure, electronic delivery to email@example.com is also available.
- A personal statement (maximum 500 words) focused on the potential benefits of the certificate program for your professional aspirations.
- A current professional résumé.
Application materials can be uploaded in the Graduate Application Portal, submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
Lebanon Valley College
101 North College Avenue
Annville, PA 17003