HACC Transfer and Dual-Admission
There are two resources to help ease the transfer process for full-time and part-time transfer students from Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) to Lebanon Valley College (LVC). The HACC Transfer Services web page has Curricula Checksheets (please select “Lebanon Valley College” from the drop-down menu) for specific LVC majors. We can also guide you through the process if you contact us with questions.
You can apply anytime to LVC, and we will be pleased to guide you through the transfer process.
HACC Dual Admission Program
The Dual Admission Program combines the resources of two regionally recognized institutions, Lebanon Valley College and Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC), in a program that leads to a bachelor’s degree. Dual admission prepares students to transfer to Lebanon Valley College.
The Dual Admission Program provides students with the following benefits:
- Early transfer planning
- Specific course requirements. Students know the exact credits their intended major requires at Lebanon Valley College. This ensures they will not take nontransferable courses.
- An official transcript review every semester. The admissions staff at their four-year transfer institution Lebanon Valley College reviews their official transcript. They will make sure students are on track for successful transfer to maximize transfer credits.
- Clear semester-by-semester academic, career services, and financial aid advisement. Their HACC advisor and an advisor at Lebanon Valley College will provide academic advising.
- As a part of this program, students are considered LVC students from the time they sign the dual admission agreement, with full access to LVC campus facilities such as the Arnold Sports Center, athletic competitions, Campus Library, etc.
Students interested in dual admission should complete the LVC Dual Admission Interest Form during:
- Their senior year of high school, after applying to HACC; or
- Following admission to HACC; or
- As a current HACC student prior to completing 30 transferable credits.
This form is available to all HACC campuses in their Transfer Services Office and at LVC’s Office of Admission or online here.
To Begin The Process:
- Set a meeting with an advisor at HACC to review the application process.
- Complete the Dual Admission Interest Form before completing 30 transferable credits at HACC.
- Complete an official LVC application six to nine months prior to the entry term at LVC.