Although Adam Wenger '12 came to LVC as a way to continue his football career, his true passion proved to be in business and accounting.
An Accounting Degree That Puts You on the Right Path to Success
Master the technical skills you need to prepare for the Certified Public Accountant exam, and tackle the hands-on learning experiences that will make you successful in an office, accounting firm, or your own practice.
With courses in management, finance, and business law, your accounting degree will prepare you to become a skilled thinker, communicator, and business leader wherever you land.
Complement your bachelor’s degree in accounting with a second major to explore your interest in business administration, music, or law. We’ve designed our degree to be flexible, so you can also pursue electives, internships, and study abroad opportunities without falling behind on your ambitious goal of becoming a CPA.
Our graduates pursue careers in public accounting firms and a wide variety of corporations. By the time you graduate, you’ll be thoroughly prepared for professional certification as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant.
Discover your Degree Pathway
- Apply to our bachelor’s degree in accounting for first-year undergraduates.
- Tailor your degree to your interests and career goals with a second major or minor, whether you’re into music, criminal justice, science, or art.
- Master your degree requirements, from cost accounting to your senior capstone.
- Accelerate your path to the CPA and receive a bachelor’s degree and Master’s in Business Administration in just four years with our Accounting/MBA 3+1 program.
Class Is in Session with Professors and Practicing CPAs
Learn about accounting from faculty who still work as CPAs and who bring their passion for the profession into the classroom. They’ll help you analyze real-world case studies and practice roleplaying with clients to help you make smart decisions on the job.
Thanks to hands-on learning opportunities and interactions with working professionals, you’ll have a leg up in internships and job interviews. With expertise in corporate finance, tax law, and management, our faculty prepare you for a corporate world that needs you on the books.
Hands-on Experience Leads to Job Offers
Whether you want a college degree in accounting to work for a major accounting firm, hedge fund, or small business, our graduates regularly receive internships that lead directly to job offers from major employers.
Our annual Accounting Night features more than 25 employers, including KPMG, Park Associates, Volvo, Fulton Financial Associates, and the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue. These regional and national employers need well-prepared students like you to hit the ground running.
What Makes Accounting at LVC Special?
- Intern for major accounting firms, or go farther afield and study abroad in one of LVC’s ten full-semester study abroad programs.
- Learn from real-world experts on our faculty, as well as the many visiting alumni and regional experts who visit campus each year.
- Gain real-world experience volunteering to assist low-income, elderly, and disadvantaged taxpayers through our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
Why Get an Accounting Degree? Degree Outcomes
As an LVC accounting major, you’ll be ready for a career in public accounting, government, industry, or finance. According to the National Bureau of Labor Statistics, accounting jobs are expected to grow by 10% through 2026, and graduates with a bachelor’s degree have a median starting salary of more than $69,000.
Work with a diverse group of employers, from accounting firms to consumer products companies to small businesses. Recent graduates have found success at Pricewaterhouse Coopers, The Hershey Company, Lockheed Martin, and the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue, among many other organizations. With a strong background in business administration, many of our alumni have also launched successful ventures of their own.
Meet our Graduates
- Nicole Files ’18 makes an Accounting Night connection with “Big Four” firm KPMG.
- Rachael Clark Sargent ’05 shines as a chapter president of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Noelle Brossman ’14 gives back as site coordinator for LVC’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
Several internship experiences, including one at KPMG, enriched my education outside the classroom and ultimately helped me secure a full-time position.