Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program Mission
The mission of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program at Lebanon Valley College is to prepare empathic counselors who have a strong foundation of knowledge, and who are able to exhibit proficient counseling skills in a wide range of clinical settings. The CMHC Program at LVC reinforces the importance of upholding ethical standards, and encourages students to be growth-oriented, professional, and flexible. Furthermore, the CMHC Program at LVC emphasizes multicultural counseling, diversity, and social justice advocacy.
CMHC Program Objectives
Students will demonstrate an ability to uphold the eight common core areas, as described by CACREP:
- Professional Counseling Orientation and Ethical Practice
- Social and Cultural Diversity
- Human Growth and Development
- Career Development
- Counseling and Helping Relationships
- Group Counseling and Group Work
- Assessment and Testing
- Research and Program Evaluation
CMHC Program Skill-Based Objectives
- Students will demonstrate effective comprehension of information.
- Students will demonstrate effective information literacy skills.
- Students will articulate the relationship between theory and data.
- Students will synthesize information from different sources when developing conclusions.
- Students will analyze and interpret data appropriately.
- Students will evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of methods, theories, and/or evidence.
- Students will use scientific principles to solve problems.
- Students will be prepared to create an appropriate application for post-graduate placement aligned with personal interests.
- Students will communicate effectively in written form.
- Students will communicate effectively in oral form.
For more information on learning goals and outcomes, contact email@example.com.