Transfer Credit

Coursework attempted at other institutions must be evaluated by the Registrar’s Office. Current students are required to obtain approval before attempting coursework at another school. College credit taken by new students will be evaluated prior to enrollment upon receipt of an official transcript.

Undergraduate and graduate transfer credit policies can be found in the College Catalog.


Current Students

Students seeking to take courses at other institutions must obtain prior approval from their advisor and the Registrar’s Office. To do so, students must complete an Off-Campus Course Approval Form. Upon completion of the course, students must request that an official transcript be sent by the institution directly to the Registrar’s Office at LVC.


New Students

Students applying to LVC having previously taken college coursework at other institutions must request that official transcripts be sent to the Office of Admission. The transcripts will then be evaluated by the Registrar’s Office, and prospective students will be notified of the results by the Office of Admission. Unofficial transcripts may be considered on an individual basis for a preliminary transfer evaluation upon request. Visit the Transfer Student Admission webpage for more information.