Creative Arts Mission, Goals, & Objectives
Our mission is to create a supportive and adaptive curriculum that engages, challenges, and inspires students to explore their own creative identities. We integrate the critical inquiry central to liberal arts with the dynamic energy of the studio environment, and provide students with the tools, media, and techniques essential to effective art-making. With a commitment to inclusion and a sensitivity to the fragility of the earth, we, in conjunction with the Suzanne H. Arnold Art Gallery, encourage students to employ the transformative power of art broadly to enrich both themselves and the lives of others.
Our Goals & Objectives
- Design Theory: Students will demonstrate the ability to apply the elements and principles of art and design.
- Media Range: Students will demonstrate the ability to creatively apply both media-specific and cross-media methodologies.
- Creativity: Students will demonstrate the ability to employ the creative process for meaning-making and personal insight.
- Primary Ideation: Students will demonstrate the ability to sustain a deliberate plan of creative action.
- Culture & History: Students will demonstrate knowledge of art-making within an historical, intellectual, or cultural context.