Professor of Music
Carmean Professor in Music, Piano
Office Location: Blair 207
A Bach Prize Winner from the Johann Sebastian Bach Competition in Leipzig, Germany, pianist Dr. Eric Fung has performed in international festivals and concert series, including the Israel Festival in Jerusalem, European Piano Forum in Berlin (Germany), the Puigcerda Music Festival (Spain), the Philadelphia Bach Festival, the Kamerman Piano Series in Pensacola (Florida), the Lancaster International Piano Festival, and the Hong Kong Arts Festival.
The New York Times praised his pianism for being “mature, refined, and elegant.” He was also described by the New York Concert Review as a pianist with a musical persona akin to Rudolph Serkin. The Hong Kong Economic Review called him “unique among the contemporary Chinese pianists, for the aesthetic of his music can be traced back to the study and passion for Bach’s works.”
Dr. Fung is currently the Carmean Endowed Professor of Music at LVC, and he is a Steinway Artist.
- 2nd Prize ex aequo, International Johann Sebastian Bach Competition, Leipzig, Germany
- 1st Prize, the Juilliard School Concerto Competition
- Best Accompanist Award, Eastman School of Music
- 2nd Prize, St. Louis Symphony International Concerto Competition
- 1st Prize, Corpus Christi International Young Artists Concerto Competition
- Applied Piano
- Piano Ensemble
- Keyboard Harmony
- Piano Literature
- Piano Pedagogy