Admission Requirements

Students, with a bachelor’s degree—from LVC or any accredited institution—in any field, who were not enrolled in the College’s undergraduate 3+2 program, will be considered for admission to the graduate-only portion of M.S. in School Counseling program pending a review of the following requirements. 

  • Lebanon Valley College graduate online application and a 500-word (maximum) essay focused on the applicant’s long-term goals in the school counseling profession and how LVC’s program will help them reach those aspirations
  • Minimum college GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale); any applicants not meeting this standard will be considered on a case-by-case basis
  • Current résumé
  • Two recommendation forms
  • Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduation institutions attended

GRE scores are not required, but applicants may—at their option—submit them for consideration.

The most qualified applicants, based on a review of the above admission standards, will be invited to campus for a personal interview; a final admission decision will be made after the interview. 

Course Pre-Requisites*

Six credits of college-level mathematics and six credits of college-level English are required prior to completion of the program. In the instance that these credits have not been satisfied during a student’s undergraduate degree program, students will create a plan to take these courses at LVC or another accredited institution by the time they finish their master’s degree in School Counseling.

* If missing one or more required pre-requisites, please contact the program director for further information.

Transfer Credits

For students who want to transfer graduate credits into LVC’s program during the application process, those credits must have been earned through a CACREP-accredited program, with any transfer-course grade being no lower than a “B.” Also, students can only transfer a maximum of 15 credits, and transfer credits will not be accepted for PSY 701, 750, 711, 712, 871, 902, or 903. See courses on our Degree Requirements page.