The Accelerated Alumni Admission process is simple and free of charge to current LVC seniors and alumni.
Professional Certification in trauma-informed care
The LVC Trauma-Informed Counseling Certificate is available for counselors or anyone in a professional field who engages with people who have experienced trauma. Our program welcomes educators, healthcare workers, first responders, lawyers, social workers, and anyone in the human services field interested in providing trauma-informed care to their students, patients, or clients. The certificate is based on best practices and addresses chronic forms of trauma, such as poverty and abuse, and societal trends and events that cause trauma.
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to grow in your career.
The program introduces the field of counseling and specific coursework in trauma-informed counseling, grief counseling, and crisis intervention and prevention. Previous study in counseling is not required, and courses include experiential components that allow students to practice, observe, and discuss counseling concepts and techniques. The certificate will enable you to become more competent in trauma-informed care in your respective discipline and expand your career marketability.
Learn through a flexible format that works with your schedule through online or hybrid program options. Seven-week terms allow you to complete your professional certification in one year.
The certificate comprises 4 courses (12 credits) that can be obtained as a stand-alone certificate or applied toward Lebanon Valley College’s Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program.
What makes the Trauma-Informed Counseling Certificate at LVC special?
- Join counselors, educators, healthcare workers, first responders, lawyers, and others who work with people who have experienced trauma and are committed to learning the strategies and resources to provide trauma-informed care.
- Take courses fully online or choose a hybrid format with online courses and some in-person course sessions.
- All courses are offered in seven-week accelerated terms, so you can still work full-time.
- Complete your graduate certificate in a year.
- Apply your Trauma-Informed Counseling Certificate credits (12 credits) toward an LVC Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree.
Learn about the SolarWinds Attack, considered the most devastating cyberattack in American history, and its impact on U.S. cybersecurity. Ron Plesco, an attorney specializing in cyber and information crimes…