High School Preparation
All admission candidates should have completed 15 credit units in a college preparatory program or higher and graduated from an accredited secondary school, or present an equivalency certificate (G.E.D.). Students who demonstrate academic success at Lebanon Valley College enter the college having fulfilled satisfactorily a high school curriculum that includes the following or similar components:
- 4 credit units in English
- 3 credit units in mathematics (that included algebra I, algebra II, and geometry)
- 3 credit units in science (that included biology and physical science)
- 3 credit units in social studies
- 2 credit units in one foreign language
Application Procedures for Full-time First Year Students
Candidates for admission to Lebanon Valley College as full-time first-year students must submit an application and official transcript of high school grades for all years of high school attendance. Most applicants do not need to submit standardized test results (SAT/ACT). However, students in specific majors are required to submit SAT/ACT scores. Review our test-optional policy for important exceptions.
Applicants for admission to certain academic programs (athletic training, music, nursing, physical therapy, psychology/clinical mental health counseling 3+2, and speech-language pathology) are required to fulfill additional requirements. Students are encouraged to review additional information about our admission policies and procedures at www.lvc.edu/admission.
First-Year students may apply for admission to Lebanon Valley College by submitting either the Common Application or the LVC application, both of which can be accessed at www.lvc.edu/apply.
Application Procedure for Full-time Transfer Students
Students who wish to transfer to Lebanon Valley College must submit the LVC application, official college transcripts of completed postsecondary work, and College Record Form for each institution attended, as well as an official-final high school transcript. Students can access the LVC application for transfer admission at www.lvc.edu/apply. Transfer students may not use the Common Application to apply.
Application Procedures for Part-time Undergraduates
Degree-seeking students interested in taking 3–9 credits may apply for admission as a part-time student by using the LVC application. Part-time admission is an option for first-year and transfer students. Availability to take day classes is required at this time.
For additional information about applying, contact:
Lebanon Valley College
101 North College Avenue Annville, Pa. 17003–1400 Phone: 717–867–6181 or 1–866–LVC–4ADM
Lebanon Valley College prohibits its employees from engaging in high-pressure recruitment tactics or in providing to any person or entity engaged in student recruitment, admission activity, or in making decisions regarding the award of Title IV aid, any commissions, bonuses, or other incentive payments based, in any part, directly, or indirectly upon successfully securing enrollments or the awarding of financial aid.
Admission for Graduate Students
English Proficiency: Undergraduate and Graduate Admission Requirements for Non-native English Speakers
To be admitted into a graduate or undergraduate program, non-native English speakers must demonstrate English proficiency by meeting one of the following criteria:
- Earn one of the following minimum proficiency exam scores within two years before the date of admission: TOEFL, 80; IELTS, 6.5; or Step Eiken, 1.
- Complete at least two years of coursework within three years before the date of admission where the language of instruction was English.
- Complete at least 24 undergraduate semester credit hours or 18 graduate semester credit hours within two years before the date of admission at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Achieve an advanced level in English from an accredited and approved intensive language institute within one year before admission.
Also, all applicants are required to complete an interview (in person or via live video) with the Admission Office before admission.