Professor of Spanish
Office Location: Humanities 310-B
- Fulbright Scholar (TEFL). Preparing Mexican Teachers to Teach Transnational (U.S.-Mexican) Students.
- Zacatecas, Mexico, January – June, 2018.
- Fulbright Scholar (Linguistics).
- Researcher and Consultant for the Secretariat of Education, Zacatecas Mexico (2019-2021).
- Reviewer – Hispania, the official journal of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP).
- Reviewer Fulbright teaching awards (2016, 2017, 2018).
Transnational Education, Language And Identity: A Case From Mexico. Society Register Vol 2. No 2, 2018 pp 63-84.
Teaching English to English Speakers: The Role of English Teachers in the School Experience of Transnational Students in Mexico, The MEXTESOL Journal Vol. 42, No. 3, 2018.
Transnational Students in Mexico: Summer Writing Workshop as a Way to Improve English Writing Skills. (2017) The International Education Journal: Comparative Perspectives 16:1.
Community-based service-learning as a way to meet the linguistic needs of transnational students in Mexico. (2013) Hispania 96.2. 328-341.
Diálogos: hacia la comunidad global. An intermediate Spanish textbook. (2010), Pearson Prentice Hall.
Review of Language Learner Strategies: Thirty Years of Research and Practice. by Cohen, Andrew D., & Ernesto Macaro. (Eds.).Modern Language Journal. Fall 2009, 93 (3).
Representation of immigrants and other social actors in a local Missouri newspaper: A linguistic analysis. Latinos in the Heartland. Proceedings from the Eighth annual conference of Cambio de Colores. (2009)
Service-Learning as a Way to Authentic Dialogue in Foreign Language Instruction (2008) Hispania 91.4 878-887.