Lexi Kerstetter '21 transferred to LVC where she found friends, connected with faculty, and inspired new students as a first-year mentor.
You're welcome here. And so are your transfer credits.
Lebanon Valley College now accepts the core requirements you’ve completed at your college or university—an easy option in these difficult times.
Whether you want to join LVC’s supportive environment, are thinking of studying closer to home, or want to go further and achieve more in your career and your life, we’re here to help you complete your education as efficiently and economically as possible. Keep the credits you’ve worked hard to earn, and stay on track to graduate.
We offer generous transfer scholarships as high as $27,000 a year, along with competitive financial aid.
Academic Year 2021–22 Special Transfer Policy
- If you have completed your general education (core) requirements with at least 40 credits of coursework at your current institution, your general education requirements are completed at LVC, too.
- If you have partially completed your general education requirements, we will accept those credits on a credit-match basis and will only require that you complete your remaining general education credits. For instance, if you have completed 24 general education credits at your current institution, you will receive 24 credits toward general education at LVC and will only need to complete the remaining general education credits required in a baccalaureate program. (This is normally 40 credits).
- You must earn at least a C- in order for a course to transfer to LVC unless your current institution graded that course on a pass/fail basis in the spring 2020 term and did not distinguish between a pass and a pass at the D level.
- We will accept up to 90 credits toward the degree (the maximum allowable—many schools have lower thresholds).
- We will award 60 credits for the completion of an associate’s degree, without needing to factor specific courses and grades.
Full-time or Part-time Transfer
How to Apply for Transfer
Complete and submit the following:
- The online LVC Application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended/attending. Transcripts can be ordered and sent to LVC from www.studentclearinghouse.org.
- A College Record Form for each college or university attended
- An official high school or homeschool transcript
- The Transfer Mid-Term Report (Necessary only for students who have not yet completed one semester at an institution)
Unofficial transcripts may be evaluated on an individual basis for conditional acceptance and a preliminary review of transfer credits. Email unofficial transcripts for preliminary review to J. Scott Myers, Office of Admission, at email@example.com.
Documents in support of your transfer can be emailed to J. Scott Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Office of Admission, Lebanon Valley College, 101 N. College Avenue, Annville PA 17003.
High School Attestation Form may be submitted for conditional decision to accelerate the admission process. The form can be sent to: Office of Admission, Lebanon Valley College, 101 N. College Avenue, Annville, PA 17003.
Note: Physical Therapy is not open to transfers. Transfer to athletic training or speech-language pathology is very limited.
Admission Decision and Transfer Credit Review
As applications are received, they are evaluated for an admission decision. A minimum 2.5 GPA will be considered for admission, but a 2.75 GPA is preferred. Once a student is accepted to LVC, our registrar officially evaluates the transcript(s) to determine how many credits will transfer to LVC. (Note: Applicants are encouraged to submit unofficial transcripts to the Admission.) There is no minimum on the number of transfer credits required to apply as a transfer student. A total of 60 credits will be accepted for an associate's degree. A maximum of 90 credit hours may be transferred towards a baccalaureate degree. A minimum of the last 30 credits must be taken at LVC.
After you submit your deposit for enrollment, your advisor will contact you within two to three weeks to help you register for courses and make the switch to LVC.
Important Information for Applicants
Confirm Your Email Address
Your email address is required to create an account to apply to Lebanon Valley College. Please use your personal email address. Do not use your school email (which often blocks outside emails) or a parent's email. You will use this email address to log into your LVC admission portal which you will use to check the status of your application, receive your admission decision, and complete enrollment forms if you decide to enroll at LVC.
Throughout the admission process, LVC will communicate with you using this email address until you either withdraw your application or enroll at LVC, at which point you will be assigned an LVC email address. By providing your email address on your application, you are giving Lebanon Valley College consent to communicate with you throughout the admission cycle.
Changes to Your Application After Submission
If you need to make any changes to your application after you submit it, do not re-apply. Simply contact the admission office at email@example.com and the staff can make those changes for you. For example, if you decide to change your major, do not submit another application, just contact the Admission Office.
At Lebanon Valley College, admission decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion/creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or any trait protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and/or College policy. The College does not discriminate on any of the foregoing bases in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, or its scholarship and loan programs.