Notice of Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity
Lebanon Valley College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion/creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and/or College policies. Lebanon Valley College prohibits discriminatory harassment and sexual harassment, including sexual violence and any type of sexual misconduct.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, Title VII, and related statutes and regulations: Ann C. Hayes, Senior Director of Human Resources and Title IX Coordinator, Humanities 108-C, Lebanon Valley College, 101 N. College Avenue, Annville, PA 17003-1400, 717-867-6416, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies and to serve as the overall Campus Coordinator for purposes of Title IX compliance:
Ann C. Hayes, Senior Director of Human Resources and Title IX Coordinator, Humanities 108-C, Lebanon Valley College, 101 N. College Avenue, Annville, PA 17003-1400,717-867-6416, email@example.com.
The following individuals have been designated as Deputy Title IX Coordinators:
- Robert L. Mikus, Associate Dean of Student Affairs, Center for Student Engagement, Mund College Center, Lebanon Valley College, 101 N. College Avenue, Annville, PA 17003-1400, 717-867-6863, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stacey Hollinger, Asst. Athletic Director/Head Coach, Lebanon Valley College Athletics, Arnold Sports Center, 101 N. College Avenue, Annville, PA 17003-1400, 717-867-6891, email@example.com.
Inquiries concerning the application of anti-discrimination laws may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator or Deputy Coordinators identified above or to the Office for Civil Rights, United States Department of Education. For further information on notice of nondiscrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the U.S. Department of Education office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
This document was last updated May 14, 2012
Web Server Log Files
Like practically all web servers, our Internet hosts collect and store information sent by the web browser when it makes a request for web content. Collected information may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address being used by a user's computer, or by the firewall or proxy server of the user's network; the hostname associated with that address; the date and time the browser made the request; what page or file was requested; the page the browser "came from" immediately before the request; and "user agent" information, which normally includes the browser software and operating system the computer is currently running. These logs are tied to personally identifiable information and are stored for the purpose of analyzing trends in how people are using our systems. With this information, we identify heavy use periods, the most common web browsers, the most popular content on our sites, and other related information that helps us improve the usefulness and performance of our websites.
Electronic Mail and Messaging Software
When a user contacts a representative of LVC using electronic mail ("e-mail") or an Instant Messaging service, information included in that message may be used to respond to the message or to provide a requested service or information. The message, or information in it, may be shared with other employees of the college for the purpose of providing requested information or a requested service. Information collected in this way, including e-mail addresses and messaging usernames, is never distributed to persons or organizations outside LVC unless absolutely necessary to fulfill a request. LVC does not give or sell lists of e-mail addresses for commercial purposes.
Lebanon Valley College's emergency alerts are delivered using e2Campus, a mass notification system from Omnilert. This system allows students, faculty and staff to receive text messages on cell phones, e-mail accounts, and other "smart" communications devices. You must register for this service in order to receive emergency alerts. After you have registered, you may add to your profile a total of two cell phone numbers and two e-mail addresses at which to receive emergency alerts. Register for LVC Emergency Alerts by using the form at the bottom of this page. Parents: If you would like to receive the College's emergency alerts, ask your student to add your cell phone number or e-mail address to his or her profile.
SMS Admission Messaging
- Program Description—Lebanon Valley College Admission Text Messaging Service allows mobile subscribers to opt-in to receive Lebanon Valley College Admission notifications through SMS messages.
- Opt-In—Users opt-in to the Text Messaging Service from the Lebanon Valley College admission application process.
- How to Opt-Out of Service—To opt-out of Lebanon Valley College Admission Text Messaging Service, text STOP to 67942. An unsubscribe message will be sent to your mobile number confirming the cancellation, but no more messages will be sent from this program.
- Support/Help—For support or information about Lebanon Valley College Alerts & Info, text HELP at any time to 67942. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-LVC-4ADM.
File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
Some of our resources are made available using FTP. Many browsers are configured to provide the user's e-mail address as the "password" for anonymous FTP requests. In those cases, the e-mail address so provided may be recorded in the FTP server's request log. LVC does not make any use of addresses stored in this way except to analyze FTP server usage.
Web Server Cookies
Some of our sites create a "cookie," i.e., a record on your computer's own hard disk, which makes it possible for our sites to recognize that a specific computer has made previous requests. Our cookies are used exclusively for providing services requiring such a record. LVC does not track cookies for any purpose other than the needs of such web-based applications. If you disable cookies you may not be able to use portions of the LVC website.
LVC may occasionally conduct online surveys of its user base, which may include both campus community members and users who are not directly affiliated with LVC. As part of such surveys we may, with the user's permission, collect personal and potentially identifying information. Any information gathered in this way is used for quantitative analysis of services, perceived qualities of the college, and users' attitudes towards LVC or its Internet sites. If such information is to be made available to other organizations or to be published, that fact will be made known to users prior to participation, and their permission will be explicitly requested. Users can decline to participate if there is concern about the use of the collected information. Survey information will be released only in aggregate form, and not in connection with any identified individual user.
Customer Data Protection
LVC may collect information from a user, with the user's permission, for the purpose of providing various services and information, possibly including promotional materials, or periodic updates on offered services or the progress of a previous request. Information collected in this way may be shared with other persons or departments within the college, but will not be shared in any way with persons or organizations that are not part of LVC, unless necessary to fulfill a user's request (for example, providing credit card information to a payment processor to complete a payment transaction).
LVC will disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on LVC on the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of LVC; or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the LVC website or the public.
Children's Privacy (under the age of 14)
LVC takes children's privacy seriously. We do not seek to collect personal information about children through our website. If we become aware that a person submitting information to us through any part of our website is a child, we delete the information as soon as we discover it and do not use it for any purpose, nor do we disclose it to third parties. Since we do not seek to collect any personal information about children, and we delete information collected inadvertently as soon as we discover that a child has submitted it, we typically retain no information about children that could be reviewed or deleted. If a parent requests review or deletion of information about their child before we have discovered and deleted the information, we will of course honor that request.
Circumstances Beyond Our Control
This document was last updated May 14, 2012
Welcome! Please read these terms and conditions of use ("Terms") carefully before using this website. Accessing, browsing or using this website is a privilege subject to the following Terms and indicates your agreement and acceptance of these Terms. If you are a Lebanon Valley College student, your use of this website is also subject to the terms and conditions of Lebanon Valley College's student policies, rules and regulations. Any violation of the Terms will constitute a violation of these policies, rules and regulations. If you do not accept these Terms, do not use this website.
1. Services. The information contained on this website, including all web page documents, audio and video files, all data and all content (the "Site" or "Website"), is provided for your use conditional upon your acceptance without modification of the Terms. This Site is owned and operated by Lebanon Valley College (referred to herein as "LVC," "we," "us," or "our"). LVC provides you with access to a variety of resources, including but not limited to educational, alumni and athletic information and services (collectively "Services").
2. Use Limitation. You may download material from the Site only for your own personal, non-commercial use. While we encourage you to download and print information to help you understand our Services, unless otherwise specified, no material on this Site, including but not limited to the content of the Site, may be modified, copied, downloaded, transmitted, distributed, performed, reproduced, published, licensed, transferred, sold, used to create works from or used in any other way, commercially exploited or otherwise transferred, except with prior written permission of LVC and with express attribution to LVC. You may not alter or attempt to alter any material on the Site, or the Site itself. You also may not, without our permission, "mirror" any material contained on this Site or any other server. Any unauthorized use of any material contained on this Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, laws of privacy and publicity, and communication regulations and statutes. You represent and agree that you are at least 14 years of age and that if you are younger than 14 you will not use this Site.
3. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use. Please feel free to browse the Site; however, your access and use of the Site is subject to these Terms and all applicable laws. You may not use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, or impair any LVC server, or interfere with any other person's use and enjoyment of the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any LVC server or to the Site, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Site. Your rights to use this Site may be further limited by international law, federal law or the laws or regulations in your particular country, state or locality. LVC may, in its sole discretion, and at any time, modify or discontinue the Site, or limit, terminate or suspend your use of the Site, although LVC is under no obligation to do so.
4. Ownership, Copyright and Trademark. You agree and acknowledge that LVC is the owner or licensee of all rights in this Site and the materials that appear on the Site and that you will not challenge those rights or do anything that might impair or damage those rights. This Site is protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of the United States and other countries. Any unauthorized use of any material or products on this Site may violate such laws. The trademarks, logos, and service marks used and displayed on this Site (the "Trademark(s)") are registered and unregistered trademarks of LVC and others. Under no circumstances may you use any of the Trademarks, whether owned or licensed to us. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademarks without the written permission of the Trademark owner. If you make any permitted copies of the Site, or portions of the Site, such copies must include the appropriate copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices. No links may be established to any part of this Site and no information on this Site may be framed without our prior written approval.
LVC respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any of your work was copied by another, in a way that infringes your copyrights, and is posted on this Site, please provide LVC with the following information: 1) a description of your work that you believe was infringed; 2) a description of the work believed to be infringing and where it appears on the Site; and 3) your contact information - name address, telephone number and e-mail address. This information should be accompanied by a statement that you believe, in good faith, that the infringing use is not authorized, and that, under penalty of perjury, all of the information in this notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. This notice should be signed and provided to LVC's designated copyright agent as set forth below:
Lebanon Valley College
Attn: Molly O'Brien-Foelsch
5. Duration of This Agreement. This Agreement will continue to be effective until you or we terminate it. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying any and all materials you obtained from this Site, and by ceasing to use the Site in any way. We may terminate this Agreement immediately and without notice if we, in our sole discretion, decide that you have failed to comply with any term or condition of this Agreement or if we decide to modify the terms and conditions governing future use of the Site.
Any contact or communication which you may make with us or our employees via this Site must be for LVC business-related purposes and all such communications are property of LVC, and subject to review and monitoring by us. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to this Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law. You understand that information transmitted over public networks may be accessed by third parties and LVC will not be liable for any such unauthorized disclosure.
7. Third Party Content and Linked Sites. You acknowledge that the opinions and recommendations expressed or made available in this Site are those of the respective author(s) and are not necessarily those of LVC or endorsed by LVC. This Site contains links to other sites created and maintained by other organizations, which may or may not be related to LVC. These links are provided for your convenience and are for reference only and you agree that links do not imply that LVC is affiliated or associated with, or that any linked site is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright of LVC. LVC is not responsible for and does not routinely screen, approve, review or endorse the contents of or use of any of the products or services that may be offered at these websites.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability. Your use and browsing of this Site is at your sole risk. If you are dissatisfied with the Site or any of the materials on the Site, or with any of the Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the Site.
THIS WEBSITE AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, BOTH CURRENT AND FUTURE, LVC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT AND OTHER VIOLATIONS OF RIGHTS. LVC (INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. LVC (INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR INFORMATION OBTAINED AT LINKED INTERNET ADDRESSES, IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, THE ACCURACY OR REASONABLENESS OR FACTUAL OR SCIENTIFIC ASSUMPTIONS, STUDIES OR CONCLUSIONS, THE DEFAMATORY NATURE OF STATEMENTS, OWNERSHIP OF COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, AND THE VIOLATION OF PROPERTY, PRIVACY, OR PERSONAL RIGHTS OF OTHERS. IF YOUR USE OF MATERIALS OR INFORMATION FROM THIS SITE, OR FROM MATERIALS OR INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM LINKED INTERNET ADDRESSES, RESULTS IN NEED FOR SERVICE, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICE, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL LVC (INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
9. Jurisdiction and Governing Law. LVC operates and controls this Site (excluding linked sites) from its offices within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States of America. You agree that the statutes and laws of Pennsylvania will apply to all matters regarding the use of this Site. You also agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Court of Common Pleas of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania with respect to such matters. LVC makes no representation that the Site or the materials displayed on the Site are appropriate or available for use in any other jurisdictions or countries. If you attempt to access, use, or download the materials from this Site from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with the laws of other jurisdictions.
10. International Users. Materials published at this Site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. LVC makes no representation that this Site or the materials at this Site are appropriate or available for use at locations outside of the United States and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If you access this Site from a location outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
11. Chat Rooms and Bulletin Boards. This site may include unmonitored forums containing the personal opinions and other expressions of the persons who post entries on a wide range of topics. These chat rooms or bulletin boards are provided by LVC as a service and convenience to its visitors. You should, however, understand the risks involved with using these types of forums. Therefore, before you can participate in any chat room or bulletin board on this Site it is important that you read, understand and agree to the following terms and conditions and all of the Terms on this Site.
You agree that you will not upload any material to this Site that infringes any proprietary right, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks. You also agree not to upload any material that is obscene, libelous, defamatory, harassing, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. You agree not to "stalk" or otherwise harass another or store personal data about other users. You agree not to disseminate unsolicited advertising or promotional material of any kind.
The text and other material on these sites are the opinion of the specific author and are not statements of advice, opinion, or information of LVC. LVC does not screen, review or control the information and listings posted by users, nor does it screen, review, or control any of the people who participate. LVC is not responsible for the information or material provided on this Site by others and cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by any other party. Because we do not control the transactions between you and other users, you hereby acknowledge that LVC is in no way liable for any claims arising from your use of this Site. As a condition of your use, you agree to indemnify LVC for all claims relating to any material or information posted by you on this Site.
Remember that there are risks in dealing with people you do not know and that LVC has no control over such risks. You need to exercise care in these transactions. People may provide information that is offensive, false, harmful, or deceptive. If you feel you might be offended by the content of the sites, you should not continue. Please be cautious when sharing information, especially personal information, with others.