In order for you to plan financially and to select your roommate(s) for the next academic year, we have prepared this timeline. Further into the semester, a detailed housing email will be sent to you that will further explain the various housing options and room rates for College apartments, suites, houses, special interest communities, and traditional halls. The exact time, date, and location of your housing sign-up period will also be included.
ALL RETURNING STUDENTS MUST
pay a $100.00 non-refundable room deposit at the Business Office in order to reserve a bed for the upcoming academic year. This deposit can be paid starting February 6, 2012 and must be paid by March 12, 2012.
Applying for a Housing Exemption
- You will not be automatically billed for a room deposit.
- You must pay the room deposit separate from any other bill you may currently have.
- In order to pay your non-refundable $100.00 room deposit, your account at the Business Office must be paid in full.
- You must pay your non-refundable $100.00 room deposit at the Business Office by Monday, March 12, 2012 in order to receive a number in the housing sign-up process.
- You must also submit the properly signed paperwork on the night of the sign-ups for the specific residential facility you wish to reside in for the upcoming academic year.
A process has been developed in order to review requests for an exemption to the four-year on-campus living requirement. This process is outlined on pages 141-142 of the Student Handbook. A Housing Exemption Request Form may be obtained from the Center for Student Engagement in Mund College Center and must be completed by Monday, March 19, 2012.
Houses • Apartment Style • Suite Facilities
Derickson • Dellinger • Marquette • 38, 44, 136, 138, and 150 College Ave. • Weimer (144 College Ave.) • 20, 22, and 24 Sheridan Ave. • Maple East, and Maple West
• Stanson Hall
Level 1 or 2 Room Rate
- March 19, 2012—Housing Exemption Request Forms due to the Center for Student Engagement by 4:30 p.m.
- March 12, 2012—Non-refundable $100.00 room deposit due at the Business Office by 4:30 p.m. in order to be included in the housing sign-up process.
Special Interest Communities
Centre • Friendship • North College • 118 College Avenue • Sheridan East & West
Standard Room Rate
- March 12, 2012— Non-refundable $100.00 room deposit due at the Business Office by 4:30 p.m. in order to receive a housing sign-up number.
- March 14, 2012— Housing Sign-up numbers will be emailed to all current residential students.
- March 29, 2012— Room Sign-Up – Leedy Theatre, 7-10 p.m.
- March 12, 2012—All students who desire to live in a special interest housing community should attend a meeting in the Lower Level Meeting Room in Mund College Center at 11 a.m..
- March 12, 2012—Non-refundable $100.00 room deposit due at the Business Office by 4:30 p.m.
- March 19, 2012—Applications and proposals due to the Residential Life Office by 4:30 p.m.
- March 23, 2012—Special Interest Community assignments and results will be emailed to applicants by 4:30 p.m.
Single Rooms in all Residential Facilities
- March 12, 2012—Non-refundable $100.00 room deposit due at the Business Office by 4:30 p.m. in order to receive a housing sign-up number.
- March 14, 2012—
Housing Sign-up numbers will be emailed to all current residential students.
- April 11, 2012—Room Sign-Up – Mund Dining Hall, 7-10 p.m.
Level 1 Room Rate
Regardless of location, persons interested in residing within a single room will pay a Level 1 room rate. This rate applies to any single room within the traditional halls, houses, suites, and/or apartments.
Special Housing Accommodations
- March 29, 2012— Sign-up for all single rooms in any residential facility, including singles in traditional halls, suites, apartments and houses.
In order to best meet the needs of students, protocols have been established to review individual requests for special housing accommodations (e.g. single room, air conditioned housing, etc.). Please see pages 141-142 of the Student Handbook to review the complete process. A Special Housing Accommodation Form may be obtained from the Residential Life Office.
Please note that students are required to apply annually for renewal of special housing accommodations.
Abroad and Off-Campus Studies
All students going abroad or studying off-campus for Fall 2012 should stop by the Residential Life Office to complete a housing form for Spring 2012. Non-refundable $100.00 room deposit to be paid at the Business Office by March 12, 2012.
Students Who Are Not Returning to Campus Housing
Any student, who wishes to change their housing status from resident to commuter, must notify their Resident Assistant or Residential Life Professional, obtain an R-to-C form from the Student Affairs Office, and schedule a meeting with Director of Residential Life Jason Kuntz by April 27, 2012.
Transfer, Withdrawal, or Leave of Absence
Any student who plans on transferring, withdrawing, or taking a leave of absence must notify their Resident Assistant or Area Coordinator, obtain the appropriate form from the Registrar’s Office, and schedule a meeting with Associate Dean of Students BobMikus.
Students Who Pay Their Room Deposit after March 4
Students who pay their room deposit after March 12, 2012 will not receive a housing sign-up number
. However, it is important to pay your room deposit before your particular sign-up night. If your room deposit is not paid by your sign-up night, you will be unable to select a room. When you arrive for housing sign-ups, you will either select a room with a roommate who has a housing sign-up number or sign-up when your name is called at the end of your credit hour category.
Students Who Wish to Live With a Current Commuter
Students who wish to live with a commuter need to have the commuter come to the Residential Life Office to complete a Commuter-to-Resident form to change their housing status. The commuter needs to pay their $100.00 Room Deposit to the Business Office. Commuters will not receive a housing sign-up number. Their name will be entered in at the end of their credit hour category.
Students Who Wish to Live With a New LVC Student in Fall 2011
Students who wish to live with a student who is not currently enrolled in LVC, but will be a new student (transfer or freshmen) in the Fall 2012, will not be permitted to reserve a room. However, you will be able to sign up on the wait-list for the room of your choice. You will be housed during the summer and contacted with your room assignment information.
(Revised March 7, 2012)